Chapala.com Webboard

Good news for Modeeper and wetback Americans in general

I reported both of his offensive posts. Nothing appears to jave been done. Clearly offensive ethnic terms are allowable here. Oh, I am sure I will get a slap or a ban for commenting on this.

But we cannot know if they Private Messaged the person. It is a mod's responsibility to inform without causing public concern.

On the other hand, it's a judgment call made at the discretion of a moderator, and maybe some of the opinions on this topic are not shared by them.

I am just wondering if the "Mods" have any obligation to "report" to the masses what action they take and when they "hang someone up by their toes", or not? Maybe we are not sure who owns this Board. Is this Board a "Public Owned" Board, or a "Privately Owned" Board? Who sets the "rules" and who has ABSOLUTE say about what goes on with this Board? And what recourse do people have that do like how this Board is managed?

Hud, this is a privately owned board and no one has to explain or justify their rules or inform users what, if any, actions they take.

I do not care what is or is not done to/with/about the poster. All I care about is that the offensive term is still here on the board which says all I need to know.

Most of us know who owns the board and it is NOT publicly owned. Anyone is free to start their own board with their own rules. See TOB.

And running your own board is a huge pain-in-the-a**. Even if you can control some of the crazeir monkeys that are attracted, you have to deal with constant barrages of fake accounts loaded with spam. One of my more recent attempts at managing a board was for a real-estate ombudsman out of Manzanillo. It became a full-time job just decrapifying it every day. Finally shut it down. Everyone lost on that deal.

Anyone is free to express how they feel about what is being posted on the board they freely choose to read and comment upon. They are also free to ask questions about standards and rules --and anything else they are wondering about.

I dont have a lot of time to waste with this, but...only someone very confused could think that a racial slur toward mexicans was ever made. If you want to

think a racial slur was intended....notice that the word Gringo was used...Mexicans have never been Gringos. Some people even regard the word Gringo

as insulting, I do not. My Mexican freinds, and i have many, use the word quite often, with no intention to offend. This will be my last post on this matter

and i hope that you ultra sensitive people will go and get a life. Schraderone

I do not see that word in my post, wish you would not use it! I apologize, i did use the word but it was a slip of the tongue.

I dont have a lot of time to waste with this, but...only someone very confused could think that a racial slur toward mexicans was ever made. Schraderone

Who's confused,Schraderone??

Archived