Chapala.com Webboard

Possible Air Show on Chapala Malecon?

What event is being held on the chapala malecon this weekend? One source told me it was for an air show, another said the Virgen de Zapopan was making an appearence. They have set up a large stage right on the beach below the sail and what is really quite rare is they have brought in around a dozen porta-potties, so I guess they are expecting a huge crowd.

Thanks

I live on the Malecon and the events people had a team out yesterday raking the entire "beach area of all stones" they also set up 3 massive Tinanco's on stands with water and portable fencing for crowd containment as well as a slew of porta-potties, a large stage with lighting..looks like a mini Pearl Jam concert..The music just started and will continue till mid-night..all in all a well put together affair with plenty of police, ambulances and fire trucks on site...Probably worth a hour or so visit...I bet the eating places are bursting..This is all to be followed by major fireworks later tonight...A happening place...I am planning on a late nite before bed time.

Chapala Water Festival sponsored by TV Azteca. There's a bit piece about it in yesterday's Guadalajara Reporter. It didn't say anything about an air show, but anything's possible...

There are two separate events going on today. One is the Chapala Water Festival held at the Monte Carlo Hotel. Despite its name, it has nothing to do with water or the lake. It's just a party for the kids, mostly the ones from Guadalajara who can afford the steep $300 entrance fee, and it happens every six months.

The other event, the one that's occurring on the Chapala malecón today, is the Festival del Lago en Chapala. This is the event sponsored by Azteca TV, and its purpose is to promote the conservation of Lake Chapala. It was originally scheduled for last weekend, but was put off due to the weather.

I was pleased and amazed at the # of families and people that attended the event. There were no issues that I noted, everyone seemed to have a great time and some of the music was good. My morning walk today was lovely as ALL the stage, water stations, trash cans, queing gates, tents and Malecon had been totally cleaned up. The sand had been cleaned, it was as though nothing had taken place and that there were not thousands of people there all day and part of the night..A truly lovely event that was well organized and run..Kudos

Archived