Chapala.com Webboard

Alex's Pasta Bar

thevalerieleigh

Another big thumbs up for Alex and his staff, nice menu, good portions, and super quality, attention to the details, attentive staff. Wednesday lunch, 1 cheese ravioli and 1 fettucini carbonara, both rated highly.

Yesterday we ate here again. I had the lasagna as I had to see for myself how it was. It was the best I have had in town. I did not have to eat it with a spoon, the proportion of noodles/meat/cheese/sauce was perfect for me. It was fresh and came with hot rolls and olive oil. So, I think they must have gotten everything worked out as far as the lasagna is concerned.

Oh, the portion was also plenty as I had a bit left over that I was too full to eat. Of course, I did eat 2 rolls :) One thought on this subject of small portions. Please note that the plates and bowls that they serve the food on are quite large ... this at first makes the portion seem small. However, if you think about it, if the plate was even half full of whatever you have ordered ... it would be enough for two meals. I appreciate the nice (hot) plates that are big enough for the waiter to handle without getting his fingers or napkin in my food.

Also, the place was again very busy with only a couple of two tops that were open. Again, everyone seemed pleased with their food and enjoying the great service.

Yep.Love this place it never disappoints. I had the lasagna also and found it very goof. Last week I tried the beef ravioli in wine sauce and it was so delicious, perhaps the best I have ever tasted. I am from L.A. and my hubby and I were total foodies. We ate in restaurants from Hollywood,Beverly Hills all the way to Venice and Santa Monica. Many top notch restaurants and that ravioli defin

tely stacks up along with the best.

I agree, Ajijicsolomon. I had the ravioli in wine sauce the first time we went. I had never had ravioli prepared the way that they do and it was really good. I almost had it again yesterday but am trying to discipline myself to try more than one dish :)

Stopped by this new restaurant in sheer desperation.... Wanted some larger portion carryout.... Thus freeing me from being a kitchen slave for one night... I had no expectations, not having read this thread, and having ordered mediocre lasagna from area restaurants.

Well not only was the lasagna fork worthy, but was truly a keeper.

I've returned since for more carry out.

I do have high standards. I've dined in finer restaurants throughout NY and Washington DC...

and... This family sports italian origins.

Looking forward to enjoying a ~dine in~ experience. Next stop ravioli and Gnocchi!

Archived