Chapala.com Webboard

Mr. Bull Carnicerías in Ajijic

ComputerGuy

Okay, so I pulled in today to find out if lakeside can support another butcher. Right off the street, which is kinda weird like the grain store beside it, but it sure gets you parking.

I didn't order much, but got some sliced bacon. I wish it was smoke and maple-cured like back home, but I must say it's the best bacon I've had here. It cooked properly; didn't shrivel up. Good prices, which is what I wanted to find out. Better prices for ribeye, arrachera (they marinate their own), New York, and so on... I didn't get any yet, as I have a freezer full already, so I won't know the quality for a while. But I can say that per kilo prices were between 20 and 40 pesos less than where I usually go, so I think that's a close enough difference to suggest the same quality.

They also have, interestingly, chicken-fried chicken, frozen or thawed, at much less than Soriana or WalMart if you're willing to snap on the ol' toaster oven for a few minutes.

We've had mixed results from Mr. Bull in Chapala - even in the same order. Three steaks are pretty good & the fourth not edible. Some pork tasty & moist & some dry as a stone. Luck of the draw? The best steaks we've gotten without fail is Sousason (sp) in Ajijic - a few doors west of Dermika.

We've had mixed results from Mr. Bull in Chapala - even in the same order. Three steaks are pretty good & the fourth not edible. Some pork tasty & moist & some dry as a stone. Luck of the draw? The best steaks we've gotten without fail is Sousason (sp) in Ajijic - a few doors west of Dermika.

Perhaps it's an issue with the cook!

Archived