Chapala.com Webboard

On line tv

Hello,

My wife and I can no longer watch msnbc programs after msnbc changed their web page. We are retired and living in Mexico. We had been enjoying their shows everyday, and then msnbc updated their site, which required us to have a cable provider. We then found that we could watch their complete shows on our IPad through the podcast. Sometime a little over a week ago the podcast started providing only highlights of the shows. Is there some on line provider that we could subscribe to that will provide the full shows on MSNBC? We like MSNBC so much that we are willing to pay for it, as long as the price is affordable. We are looking for an on line provider. We can not afford to pay for a satellite system to be installed. Telecable is not reliable and does not provide MSNBC. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad

Do you have internet? If so, look into USTVNOW. They offer a free, over the internet service of a half dozen channels including, I think, MSNBC. You would have to buy a Roku box to connect your internet to your TV, but that is only $100 once.

Do you have internet? If so, look into USTVNOW. They offer a free, over the internet service of a half dozen channels including, I think, MSNBC. You would have to buy a Roku box to connect your internet to your TV, but that is only $100 once.

Try http://www.livenewschat.eu/politics/ on your computer and then. if possibe, connect the computer to your TV. This website does not seem to work well with my Ipad (or perhaps other Apple products. It carries all MSNBC news programming.

Unfortunately USTVNOW does not have MSNBC.

USTVNOW can be played on our computers, without a ROKU. You can display the TV programs from your computer on your TV using an HDMI cable. ROKU has not been working with the free 6-channel version of USTVNOW, but ROKU does work with the $20 a month 25-channel version of USTVNOW.

We were able to watch FTUBETV on our smart TV without the need for any other input devices. Simply go to the smart function‘s internet site and locate the virtual keyboard. At first it will be tedious to use the keyboard navigation with your remote control, but the smart TV will remember things, so that in the future just entering F will bring up all sites starting with F and you can just select what you want. You can search for movies by title or genre or performers. It worked quite well, recognizing our WIFI connection from the Telmex modem in the next room. No wires, no cables, no boxes.

Unfortunately USTVNOW does not have MSNBC.

USTVNOW can be played on our computers, without a ROKU. You can display the TV programs from your computer on your TV using an HDMI cable. ROKU has not been working with the free 6-channel version of USTVNOW, but ROKU does work with the $20 a month 25-channel version of USTVNOW.

USTVNOW advises on their site that the free package is only viewable on your computer, but of course with an HDMI cable.........

Thanks for all the suggestions on the online TV question. Looks like the best answer was the

http://www.livenewschat.eu/politics/%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0%C2%A0

I went to this site and it works well. USTV now does not have MSNBC.

Thanks everyone.

Here's another link to the MSNBC broadcast. At times, the livenewschat link is down.

http://www.hulkuss.com/watch-msnbc-live-streaming/

• 6 months later...

Whoops, someone paying more attention than me points out that USTVNOW is not going out of business, and that the email I mention below is a scam. I had ignored the poor grammar and spelling, for some reason. So don't be fooled:

Email this morning from ustvnow.com...
"Unfortunately ustvnow is being forced to close its doors due to some copyright problems however we have been given some time for users to move over to another company that we were able to secure a percentage within. The company is called UseMyTv.com . This company is similar to ustvnow but also different. At ustvnow you were always limited to just 25-30 channels , all of which were based out of the United States."

Whoops, someone paying more attention than me points out that USTVNOW is not going out of business, and that the email I mention below is a scam. I had ignored the poor grammar and spelling, for some reason. So don't be fooled:

Email this morning from ustvnow.com...

"Unfortunately ustvnow is being forced to close its doors due to some copyright problems however we have been given some time for users to move over to another company that we were able to secure a percentage within. The company is called UseMyTv.com . This company is similar to ustvnow but also different. At ustvnow you were always limited to just 25-30 channels , all of which were based out of the United States."

don't work

I sent the email to USTVnow.com and got the following reply:

As per our development team, we don't have any relationship with usemytv.com.
None of its statement is accurate about us.

Also, according to scamadvicer:
http://www.scamadviser.com/is-usemytv.com-safe.html
Usemytv.com is a Lithuania based company and not safe to do business with.

USTVnow is a United States based company with good review.

Kindly forward the email that you received to care@nationphone.com for further review.

As I said before the email is a scam.

Sorry, don't really understand what that has to do with anything. In the case of a business, though, it certainly helps to reassure the potential customer that you are not some fly-by-night. Cosnidering the choice of business for these guys, they are on sketchy ground to begin with.

If you do a search for "Live stream TV" or for the station you want like "CBS Live Stream" you will get hundreds of hits for sites streaming TV. Just do not download anything like a "player" or other junk someone is trying to sell. Click to close them.

A few years ago it was much easier to watch free internet TV. Now most sites add too many ads to make money.

Archived