Chapala.com Webboard

where to get a good hair cut ?? good prices?

EVELYN

Ah, Evelyn, you'll get as many answers to this as people who post on the webboard. I go to Innovation, about 2 doors down the hill from Gossips Restaurant, which is across from the Ajijic clinic. Rodrigo does speak English. I really like his haircuts, but he is not the cheapest in town. I think about 150 pesos right now. Lots of people go to Yoli beside El Torito in Plaza Bouganvillas. Sasha in Chapala is popular. New Look Salon in San Antonio, on the road east of Superlake. Others will chime in with many more.

Both my husband and I go to a little shop on Hidalgo just east of Seis Esquinas on the lake side. Cirene is the owner and only stylist. We have both always been happy with our cuts. She is always busy so you have to figure the best time to go. We like the time before she closes for comida.

She does not speak English but we have always been able to communicate. She changes 40 pesos and is as good as some 100 USD cuts we have had in the states.

I go to Sara, on Guadalupe Victoria, between Javier Mina and Encarnacion Rosas. She speaks English and gives me a very good cut no matter if my hair is short or different levels of "longish." It is not fancy, nor is her price. I often get compliments on my cut. I pay 100 pesos and that includes the tip. 766-3518.

I have used Chrissy at Gloriosa and have been very pleased. However lately, I've used Maria Theresa at Panache, on the carat era, west of El Torito. She is excellent and although not at all cheap (300 pesos for a cut) her work rivals stylists in New York where I've paid $150 USD for a trim. She is also good with color.

I go to Sara, on Guadalupe Victoria, between Javier Mina and Encarnacion Rosas. She speaks English and gives me a very good cut no matter if my hair is short or different levels of "longish." It is not fancy, nor is her price. I often get compliments on my cut. I pay 100 pesos and that includes the tip. 766-3518.

Another vote for Sara.

• 4 months later...

I've been going to Lulu for close to 3 years. I told her that I wanted my hair longer. about 2 years ago she chopped it off way short and I asked her why she did that. She had no good answer. She said that it would not happen again. It just happened again and people have been asking why I got my hair cut so short; because it looks better longer. I need to find a hairdresser who listens and is focussed.

Niki, I just had the same problem .... I like my hair long on the sides but shorter over the ear. When I went the other day Lulu cut half of the hair that goes in front of my ear on the left hand side off!! I asked her why in the world she did that and she stood right there and told me she didn't! I asked her what happened to it then because it was there when I walked in and you could see very clearly it had been cut off at the same length as the ear.

Okay, so this meant that once again I had to cut my hair short. I saw a lady with a very stylist short hair cut and she told me she went to: Sissi at Stilizame 33 12 29 46 67 is the phone number and the address is San antonio Tlayacapan Allen E. Lloyd No. 142. This is on the street that you turn up to go to the Little Theatre ... it is on the right about 2 or 3 doors up after you turn.

I went the other day and came out very happy. It was $150.00 pesos for a shampoo and cut. Sissi does not speak English but there is a woman that does and they also use a tablet and google if needed. I really liked her and the cut and will be going back to her now. I have been a big advocate of Lulu at Blue Moon but that was the last straw.

Archived