Chapala.com Webboard

Water Purification Help

mtatl

You might try D'Aqua also on NiƱos Heroes just this side of Chapultepec. I bought a complete system there and saved substantial money by making the drive.

I think this web page lists a .5 micron carbon block filter. http://www.d-aqua.com.mx/catalogo/cartuchos/carbon-block/2-10

If you send them an email they'll respond confirming the quantity you want and total cost.

Do they sell UV tubes? I have to go into GDL to order parts for my outdoor grill, I could get the tube I need at the same time.

All this is interesting but how did our grandparents and great grandparents survive without all this stuff?

My grandmother died at 98. Drank well water all her life, no Chlorine, Florine nothing.

However long humans have been on earth, water trucks and pumps have only been around 100 years or so.

There was a story one day that a camera caught a guy pissing is some large reservoir and they drained it. I'd bet anything that there were fish in there. Ever seen a fish get out of a lake and head for a Porta-A-Potty?

Humans are a lot tougher than you think.

There are billions more people around now and many more polluting industrys and farms. We produce synthetic products now that take forever to break down. The list goes on and on. Our water systems naturally get contaminated by all this. Our great grand parents didn't have to contend with this.

When grandma and grandpa drank untreated well water, their well likely wasn't surrounded by neighbor's sumidoros just 20 feet away, loading the water table with fecal bacteria and nasty microbes.

Now, 254 kids die every minute ... from preventable diarrhea from contaminated drinking water, due to a lack of simple chlorination.

Lifespans of city people were only 30-50 years back-in-the day for centuries, due to drinking the same water they poohed and peed in.

Keeping nostalgia in context, city folks living in high density areas have been suffering from cholera, typhus, typhoid, and salmonella for centuries.

Diarrhea from fouled drinking water is still the #2 killer of children world-wide: 1.5 million a year.

The simple act of chlorinating water saves 100's millions of lives every year.

Actually our water purification systems here create better and safer water than NOB. NOB public water systems don't take care of cysts and other nasty things that chlorine does not kill. Our Charcoal filters take out much nasty petrochemicals and other nasty chemicals. Since most of our water here comes from wells and our water system does not hold pressure 24/7 like up north even if the water is clean going into the pipe it might be contaminated by a hole in a water pipe near a septic/cesspool type tank system which are still very commonly used here when the pressure dies. Yes many people drink the water but not me.

You might try D'Aqua also on NiƱos Heroes just this side of Chapultepec. I bought a complete system there and saved substantial money by making the drive.

I think this web page lists a .5 micron carbon block filter. http://www.d-aqua.com.mx/catalogo/cartuchos/carbon-block/2-10

If you send them an email they'll respond confirming the quantity you want and total cost.

John, what side of the street is this place on and what is next to it that might help us spot it? It is very hard to find stuff on that street when trying to negotiate all the impatient traffic at the same time. Thanks.

If you are driving from centro west on Ninos Heroes the store is on the right hand side in your lane of traffic just before the Chapultepec glorieta. There are perhaps 3 slots for parking out front as the storefront isn't very wide.

If someone is going to make a trip let the others know and maybe one person can pick up several items.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived