Chapala.com Webboard

Monte Cristo/ El Ancia??

liquipure

As I recall everyone was raving about both of these places a while ago.

A few months ago, a lot of people were talking them up. Ancla had a new chef; then the partner went to Cristo, then the chef left, etc. etc... We started getting fewer posts here about them both as people stopped going. Of the circle of individuals I know, who like to eat out, very few if any actually post about their experiences on this board. Now, perhaps my acquaintances all the have same tastes as I do; perhaps not, but they all stopped going due to the inconsistency and mediocre quality.

So, in answer to your comment, I can only speak for a small group of people. Howsomever, as with most things, I believe that a single voiced opinion is usually representative of a lot more that remain unvoiced. And I have no idea what golden bead had, or what that person's tastes lean toward. There are a number of restaurants that are consistently better than Ancla and Cristo. For example, just down the road Arileo is far and away superior, for not much more in cost.

There is a group of people who always like restaurants I don't, as well as those who never like what I do. So, subjectively, I guess I just have better taste. (Yes, for those who already disagree with me, that was a joke. C'mon.)

Went to Monte Cristo last week. It was very busy one big group. Your meals were beautifully prepared. And presented timely. Service very attentive. They have doors now to close off the front, so it is cozy inside,

Haven't been to Anica recently but it looked busy last drive by. Eric needs to be there to be the charming host that he is. His energy makes big difference!

• 6 months later...

Archived