Chapala.com Webboard

Current amount to show invested for Permanente?

Sarita

Can anyone provide clarification of what amount of deposit is required to show proof of when going Permanente? I am assuming they want 12 months of statements still but unclear also as to whether the deposit amount has to remain untouched during the 12 month period? Specifically, I renew late April to go Permanente, and will have my 12 months bank statements meeting just over the minimum amount required, but need to purchase a vehicle with Mex. plates so would like to use 60,000p from my account for this which would be about 30 days prior to INM renewal so would likely show in the last months statement that I withdrew that amount which might put me under the minimum balance. Is this going to cause a problem with INM? Thanks for all advice.

Yes, just ending my 4th year as Temporal and going Permanente. I had heard that without a monthly income must show bank account of X number of dollars, just not sure what that figure currently is (since they move the goalposts so often & without warning) but also needing to know what happens if I withdraw a portion of those funds in that time, if it dips below the minimum for a short time effect its validity?

Did you have an FM2 prior to the Residente Temporal. INM also counts that time.

Please check with Spencer for the details. He can definitely give you accurate information and advice. His fees are very reasonable.

If you have completed four years as a temporary resident you are not required to show financial documentation in order to obtain a permanent resident visa. You can file for renewal 30 days before the expiration of your current temporary resident visa. Do it right away. Do not let your current visa lapse or you will have to start all over again.

I recently obtained my permanent visa after five years as a temporary resident. The only documentation required was my passport.

From my web site http://www.chapalalaw.com/immigration-2/

To qualify for the permanent visa they must show a monthly income of 500 times the minimum wage (for 2015 it is 70.10 pesos) or 35,050 pesos or $2,384 US dollars using an exchange rate of 14.7 to 1 (using December 29, 2014 exchange rate). This must be documented with 6 months bank statements. People who have liquid assets may qualify showing that they have maintained an average balance of 25,000 times the minimum wage (for 2015 it is 70.10 pesos) or 1,752,000 pesos or $119,217 US dollars using an exchange rate of 14.7 to 1 (using December 29, 2014 exchange rate). This must be documented with 12 months bank statements.

Now let me throw two monkey wrenches into things.

1) If you are at the end of the four years, NOTWITHSTANDING THE BELOW IMAGE ON IMMIGRATION´S WEB SITE, if you want to go from temp to permanent without financials you can only turn in your papers a week before they expire (this started first week in March, 2015 and they have flip flopped on this policy over the past 2 years).

2) Many times we see immigration ask for another, 13th / 7th month bank statement to cover the most recent period while they were taking their own sweet time working on your file.

RM.jpg

All of this is exactly why when my FM3 expired last fall I did not hesitate to get a permanent visa. I got it with no muss, no fuss, no bother and no financials. Get it while the getting is good because obtaining a permanent visa is (and likely will remain) a moving target.

From my web site http://www.chapalalaw.com/immigration-2/

To qualify for the permanent visa they must show a monthly income of 500 times the minimum wage (for 2015 it is 70.10 pesos) or 35,050 pesos or $2,384 US dollars using an exchange rate of 14.7 to 1 (using December 29, 2014 exchange rate). This must be documented with 6 months bank statements. People who have liquid assets may qualify showing that they have maintained an average balance of 25,000 times the minimum wage (for 2015 it is 70.10 pesos) or 1,752,000 pesos or $119,217 US dollars using an exchange rate of 14.7 to 1 (using December 29, 2014 exchange rate). This must be documented with 12 months bank statements.

Now let me throw two monkey wrenches into things.

1) If you are at the end of the four years, NOTWITHSTANDING THE BELOW IMAGE ON IMMIGRATION´S WEB SITE, if you want to go from temp to permanent without financials you can only turn in your papers a week before they expire (this started first week in March, 2015 and they have flip flopped on this policy over the past 2 years).

2) Many times we see immigration ask for another, 13th / 7th month bank statement to cover the most recent period while they were taking their own sweet time working on your file.

RM.jpg

So, does this mean that I can only start the process to submit my paperwork for Permanente one week before expiry/renewal date? Or does that one week clause only apply if you don't submit financials? (much gnashing of teeth & pulling of hair ensues each time the authorities make random changes to policies, with no clear explanation why...).

New / revisited one week rule only applies if you go permanent without financials

Archived