Chapala.com Webboard

LOOKING FOR A GOOD ENGINEER

I don't know how to spell it correctly but I know most Lakeside residents know what I am talking

about. One wall in my house has celitre/selitre and I have fixed it twice in 3 weeks. I have had

engineers from the town and from a private firm and they are telling me the same thing--but I'm

not really sure that they are correct in their assessment of the cause. I want to find a

professional engineer to help me find the cause before I rip up my floors.

The professional guy told me I have a leak in an underground pipe and the town engineers first

said that I did and then changed their minds. A friend who knows them said that they had no formaleducation (how do they get those city jobs??) but I don't know if that's true or not.

Can anyone point me to a professional engineer who can help me find the real cause? I know that

it's a problem here but not twice in 3 weeks. I know there is something else happening under that wall and I need to find out what it is.

The salitre only you have the control for a years, you never kill this problem, the handyman how fix my salitre he tell me I have 3 years of warranty, and He made this job 3 years back and loos like its ok for now, you can ask for engineer but I you want to tray whit my handyman you can tray, email: general_contractor2451@yahoo.mx hes name is Raul, hes is an Arquitect. Good look.

Search all forums on this site for salitre, which is a form of fungus or concrete rot that is most frequently caused by having wet feet (for any number of reasons). You can find lots of good advice on how to take care of this recurring problem on this site with lots of referrals to the guys who know how to fix it. It is common enough that everyone will have advice on how to fix it, only a few of those fixes will work well so DYOR. Going to the heart of the problem and fixing the source of the damp will be essential to a longer term solution, otherwise expect to patch the wall every year or so. If it returns sooner than that you have a bigger problem.

I think that it is a bigger problem. It may be standing water in an abandoned ajibe not on my property or straddling it. Fixing it in the past proved impossible but two guys said that it has to be from a water source broken near or under the house. I just want to be certain that there is such a leak or standing water before I start to rip up floors especially

if it will be a problem for my neighbor. I want a really good engineer who can finally set my mind at rest. I do not wantto cause trouble only to discover that the other two guys were wrong. I need a professional engineer and I thought that

someone on this forum might know of one.

Replying to this forum has been a problem for a few days for me. The print is very light until it is posted and I can't use the italics or any other things (font, size, bold, underline, etc.). When it is posted it runs words together and spaces lines between a sentence when one wasn't used. I

Am I the only one experiencing this?

ok, I told my handyman the situation and told me that moisture comes from the ground and go through the laying of foundations, if when building the house, they not protect the concrete before starting to build walls, moisture is passed to the walls, would have to discover the foundation and see that no moisture, and if not, you probably have water in the ground .and if the problem comes from the foundation, would have to apply concrete with waterproofing for walls, and repairing walls on both sides because the humidity is still there, and if only the affected area is repaired and do not get the problem, will remain the same, good luck.

Archived