Chapala.com Webboard

Need Information on Constructions costs.

J.Miller

Can anyone give me a ball park figure on constructions costs per sq. meter to build a new house? I am thinking of buying a lot Lakeside to build on but as my information gathering is in the beginning stages, and since we are also considering buying an existing house to renovate or simply staying put in the house we have, I don't want to start making the rounds to builders as it seems too soon to go that route until we have made some decisions.

Hello, when a build my home the Arquitect charge $6000pesos m2, and $150000pesos for kitchen, doors, aluminium, everiting, the house finish complete, only not incluide the furniture, its a good price, I check before more estimate, and this was the best price, and they build my home in 5 months, and its so beutiful I have 1 year whit may new home. Good look

Well, in my house, it was a minimalist style with luxury finishes, granite kitchen, bathroom, and breakfast bar, fireplace and archway that divides the dining room, both with quarry dome in the area of the room, exterior flagstone and wall emfrente with quarry. my land is 200m2 and 157m2 construction of the building was $ 943,500pesos, plus $ 150000pesos for cooking, granite, aluminum, blacksmithing, wood doors, closets, sinks, toilet, etc. page total approximately $ 1178500pesos approx. and we handled by contract. I will discuss the architect what I wanted, and I'm happy, it's what most pleases me.

Materials seems to increase each January, regardless....My guess for cost per square foot, for simple, normal and superior are, 50/60usd, 75usd, 85usd plus the cost of IMSS insurance and various building licenses...if you use cost plus the "engineer" Jefe" will charge 10/12% on top of materials and lab...an architect I am guessing 14% and up>

Make sure that you or your accountant pay the IMSS fees other wise it will come back to haunt you big time

We're just finishing construction next week on a luxurious little Spanish Colonial house. 2100 sq ft, 2 story, 2 BR/2.5 baths plus office. We put a lot of luxury touches into it - inlaid tile designs, cantera steps and fireplace and arches, a fountain, imported art glass chandelier and matching sconces, hand-worked inlaid stone sinks or vessel sinks in the bathrooms, tile trim and granite countertops and mini-pendant lights over the bar, hand-made lanterns and star lights, a double arched entry foyer, 2 sets of French doors (with beveled glass insets) that open up to a balcony off the master bedroom........big terrace and artistic hand-wrought iron railings and lots of windows and I could go on but you get the idea.

Cost $72/ square foot

I would be looking for normal to superior materials and would want about twenty five hundred sq. feet as we currently have three thousand and though that might be a bit over the top, twenty five hundred seems good. No one has said if the above construction cost would be the same if we were to do some renovating instead of moving. We are thinking that since one of our options is to stay put, there are some enhancements that we might like to make.

Well, in my house, it was a minimalist style with luxury finishes, granite kitchen, bathroom, and breakfast bar, fireplace and archway that divides the dining room, both with quarry dome in the area of the room, exterior flagstone and wall emfrente with quarry. my land is 200m2 and 157m2 construction of the building was $ 943,500pesos, plus $ 150000pesos for cooking, granite, aluminum, blacksmithing, wood doors, closets, sinks, toilet, etc. page total approximately $ 1178500pesos approx. and we handled by contract. I will discuss the architect what I wanted, and I'm happy, it's what most pleases me.

I broke this down into $/sq ft, thusly:

1178500 pesos for a

157 m2 house

$ 78,855 in dollars

1690 sq ft

$ 46.66 per sq foot

Renovation may be more expensive than new construction. (especially after buying existing structure)

There are many factors to consider.

The cost of razing the "old" and transporting and dumping the trash.

Changing layout and reinforcing walls, etc.

Taking out original floor and installing new plumbing, sewer/septic, electric ,

AND, more, and more, and more

Design fees could be more

Archived