Chapala.com Webboard

Chapala parking

canmex87

Its virtually impossible to find parking in downtown Chapala.

When the current administration removed the parking meters it resulted in making it difficult to find parking spaces.

The current government then renovated the main plaza area forcing the various plaza vendors to move their booths to parking spaces on the east (lake) side of Av. Madero, north of Lopez Cotilla. When the plaza renovations were completed they either didn't allow the vendors to move back to their previous locations on the plaza or they refused to. They now occupy 10 to 15 prime parking spaces, further reducing once available parking.

I'm sure that the retail vendors are suffering. We no longer shop in the downtown area and are forced to go to other areas and plazas where there is available parking.

I'm simply suggesting that when the parking meters were being used and enforced there was available parking.

They have also taken away the ONE handicapped parking space in front of the plaza. Yesterday I parked at the end of the taxi spaces and put my placard on the windshield.

They have also taken away the ONE handicapped parking space in front of the plaza. Yesterday I parked at the end of the taxi spaces and put my placard on the windshield.

Look again Chris B. There are four spaces in front of the plaza reserved for handicapped parking. You parked in one of those spaces. The curbs are painted blue but the sign has yet to be installed.

Archived