Chapala.com Webboard

Living at Casa Nostra nursing home. . .

Lexy

Can anyone share with me your own or a friend's experience with living at Casa Nostra Nursing Home in Riberas? I toured the place today and it is very attractive. However I'd like to have news of personal experiences, if possible.

PM me, please, or post here.

Thanks.

Lexy

A friend of mine with a shattered hip went there after he got out of the hospital last year. He was very pleased with it.

I'm the "friend" and spent 3-4 weeks there.

Attention and care was excellent. If I got out of bed in the middle of the night, someone showed up within 5 minutes to make sure I was OK. Medical care was good.

Busting a hip does not leave you in a jolly mood so I was not a great patient but they never let it bother them.

Only complaint I had was the internet was spotty because of the room I was in.

Cost was very reasonable, I think about $500 a week +/-.

The staff loves Coke and Snickers. Keep the refrigerator stocked and you can get anything done.

Food was OK, but when you are hurting and full of painkillers, I'm not much of a judge.

I'm the "friend" and spent 3-4 weeks there.

Attention and care was excellent. If I got out of bed in the middle of the night, someone showed up within 5 minutes to make sure I was OK. Medical care was good.

Busting a hip does not leave you in a jolly mood so I was not a great patient but they never let it bother them.

Only complaint I had was the internet was spotty because of the room I was in.

Cost was very reasonable, I think about $500 a week +/-.

The staff loves Coke and Snickers. Keep the refrigerator stocked and you can get anything done.

Food was OK, but when you are hurting and full of painkillers, I'm not much of a judge.

I can say one thing about being in care homes in Mexico the staff make a big difference. I am impressed daily how patient the Mexican staff can be. The are super in my book. I know from personal experience.

Archived