Chapala.com Webboard

Do you know of a municipal responsibility that you feel isn't being met?

HarryB

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bennie2

the sidewalk beside the lot on encarnacion rosas. (near donas donuts mountain side). there is not much sidewalk left just big holes. thats the street where children walk past for school.

Harry was saying in a nice way to put your complaints on Facebook (Delegacion page) if you really want to help Hector. As I said before us bitching to each other while useful to us it is of no use to Hector when talking to the Mayor. I know its work but time we got right?

Amazing how some people priorities differ, but I guess you have to respect peoples option if you ask them for one. For me I would prefer not to see people dump their sewerage water in the street during the night!!, s many people do in Riberas

Riberas is trying to dispose of wastes using septic tanks on lots that are usually way too small for them. That waste will be making its way into the ground water and the lake. Not to mention the public health risk of $%&/()s dumping their crap in the streets and vacant lots.

Riberas was supposed to be getting a wastewater improvement district that would be paid for out of property taxes over many years but as usual, the Chapala government has failed to get this done along with everything else. The annual cost would be minimal but the improvement in the environment and property values would be immediate.

There is a very good reason why sewers were invented.

Guest bennie2

harry, i dont belong to facebook or have a camera to take photos. (btw, that lot is filthy, the owners never ever clean it). loscats, maybe you can stop using the "B" word? its not nice. thankyou for consideration.

Just sayin, I used to live in Boston, MA--think snow and ice and dead car batteries--and I drove around town in a Honda Civic, which was famous for going down into potholes on major thoroughfares and wandering around the potholes whimpering before finally climbing out. We used to joke that the politicians filled the potholes with cornflakes and chocolate syrup. In reality, they did not even do that. And then we had the mafia to deal with; one barroom massacre after another. Boston was a great preparation for living in Ajijic. May I say that I am extremely happy if I have nothing but potholes to deal with. Granted, we all enjoy a small victory--it makes up for so much--and filling potholes is one of those little improvements that make one's day. Like the post office actually delivering mail.

Bennie no it is a perfectly legitimate word and expresses my feelings. I did not call anyone a B****... Bitching means complaining and is widely used in Corporate America. You are not a moderator and if I do something wrong they will punish me not you!!! Lord you think the world revolves around you.

Bitching is also slang for something cool.

Guest bennie2

loscats, it was IM0, thought it sounded course. never worked for a corp, i dont know the slang. its not that big of a deal one way or the other. as for "time"? i wish you were right on that one.

Guest bennie2

off topic: computerguy i am old, thought it was an insult to women. looks like some sidewalk may be fixed regardless. on topic: they did an amazing job recently in chapala. an entire street, all the sidewalks both sides & road. (also the street di-angled to it). it makes a huge difference. they also had some flat cobblestones in the road which gave it that nice quaint look. if this was mentioned than let it go, but: i noticed much new screaming loud signage (billboards). they are cropping up all over. maybe not the most important things right now, but it is visual pollution.

Archived