Chapala.com Webboard

ByPass Guad for Rincon de Guayabitos

mkshawn

Not sure about this but I believe there is a Bypass that eliminates most of Guad. I pass the Equestrian Park? take the 1st retorno then follow signage for Saltio? goes via Anillo Periferico Sur? My Garmin & Google Maps are not helping.

The alternative is via Joco hooking up to Hwy 15 etc to Rincon de Guayabitos.

We go to P.V. regularly and naturally pass Rincon on the way. We have found the fastest way to get to 15D is Lazaro Cardenas/Av. Vallarta right through the middle of Guadalajara. We can get from Chapala to the start of the quota in about 1 to 1:15 hours. We leave either before or after the morning rush hour traffic. We have tried alternative routes but this is constantly the fastest.

I drive it at least a couple of times a year and usually take the same route as canmex87. Sometimes, especially on a weekend, as I approach the periferico I look up at it to see if traffic is heavy. Occasionally I go that way, especially if it's a weekend and traffic looks light. Sometimes I fly around Guadalajara, but sometimes I get stuck. Taking Lazaro Cardenas is generally easier and often faster. So many people spend so much time trying to avoid Guadalajara when more often than not, driving right through the heart of it is the best way to go. Especially with all the improvements on Lazaro Cardenas over the last few years. Of course, some times it sucks completely. Definitely avoid rush hour(s).

Archived