Chapala.com Webboard

Advice about Apple ipads or other tablets.

sirvaysa

Hello,

I need advice from anyone who has an Apple ipad or any tablet. I plan on traveling for the next two years & will be moving every three months from one country to another.I would like information on what tablet would be best for international travel, what plan would be best, AT&T or Verizon, & any infomation that would be helpful to me before I purchase one. Thank you.

I think you don't want Verizon. They use CDMA technology while most of the rest of the world uses GSM which AT&T uses. Perhaps what you really want is an unlocked tablet.

I traveled for about a month last summer to Poland, Austria, Hungary and Czech Republic with an iPad having no telephone service. It worked great everywhere and I could use the free Magic Jack app to make phone calls back to the US when needed.

I have an iPad that I use only for travel. I can't think of a reason to have it hooked to anybody's phone network. You want one that is unblocked.

Free wifi is available in most countries in many public places and most decent hotels.

Archived