Chapala.com Webboard

Mail

Floradude

Guest bennie2

phxfungay, thanks. my question is specifically about HANDY MAIL. (not carrib, not xmas, not canada). if someone has the info please respond. question #1) how long does handymail take from ajijic to us? questions #2) what is their phone number, do they speak english? hope this was clear.

Bennie, even though it is not about Handy Mail, here's another suggestion. Your choice to use or forget.

I have never used any other mail service in town except iShop Mail in the Laguna Shopping Center across from WalMart. I mailed time sensitive documents to Tokyo and my tax returns last year, as well. No problems with either and I considered ther $$ fair considering how little trouble it was on my part. They speak English and can tell you how much, how long etc.

Ph. (376) 766 1933 Fax. (376) 766 2755 E-mail: ishop01@ishopnmail.com
Carretera Chapala-Jocotepec 206/Centro Laguna Local 1 San Antonio Tlayacapan C.P. 45900

Cindy

Bennie,

Are u sure u dialed the first number ? I have called and spoken to them before. I would call and find out for you, but am stuck here waiting for TelMex to fix my phone.

They are really very nice young folks in there.

Good luck whichever way u decide to go.

Guest bennie2

1) called wrong #. yes i got thru, same people who worked @ mailboxes. a letter is still 30 pesos. they said they have no problems. same time frame as years ago. they even charge less that the mexpostal charged me. as for mex postal 'registered" that takes just as long as regular. the only good thing is that we can see excatly where the mail is on line. but so what? it can sit somewhere for weeks. i still wonder if my mexpostal letters are in US or got stuck in mex city (for thelast 7 weeks). i will use the place you recommended.

Still receiving Christmas cards from the U.K, another one on Friday. They are all so beautiful, so I refuse to throw them out, instead I'm having a belated Christmas card showing on my fireplace mantle. Might keep them on display until the last one arrives..could be April at this rate.

HandyMail 766-1569, mail goes out 2x/week, I think it is 10p/letter, mail comes in 2x/week, you get an email whenever there is mail, saying which boxes have mail. They have faxing, free phone calls to the US, and more. It is very pleasant to go in there. I also think their fees to have a box are way lower than IShop.

Still receiving Christmas cards from the U.K, another one on Friday. They are all so beautiful, so I refuse to throw them out, instead I'm having a belated Christmas card showing on my fireplace mantle. Might keep them on display until the last one arrives..could be April at this rate.

Last week I got my first Xmas cards-one from Canada and one from the US. They seem more beautiful this year. Quite a few more to come.

Guest bennie2

xmas is strange. i got a card 2years ago stamped dec 12th & it arrived here march 10th. years before some came w/in 7 days. la chula, do you have to pay a yearly fee? im not looking to go all the way somewhere to pick up mail, i have a box right outside. 10pesos seems cheap for a letter, must be a member ship thing. also the "i shop" place goes out 3 xs a week. (mailbox was every day, oh well). right now im waiting for a $ order someone just mailed to me. then i have to send it back to my US bank acct. im done w/the mex office for outgoing. "i shop is the next stop".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A Xmas card arrived today via the Mexican postal service. 18 weeks from California. That is a record for me.

Bennie: didn't read entire thread, maybe someone already responded. iShop told me once that sending a larger envelope of documents would take five business days. I paid about 700 pesos, took one month. Not sure at what point the delay occurred, but I should've walked it to California myself.

Archived