Chapala.com Webboard

Carpe Diem

Kiko

I saw a movie today "Boyhood" and at the end of the movie, a character delivers the line "the moment seizes you". I liked that a lot, as it relates to my experiences in the Mexican culture.

Curious if anyone has a Spanish translation of that phrase.

Idioms, modismos, usually do not translate well, if at all. They muddy the water. :)

I agree,RV,literal translations usually don't cut it.

I do like this one for muddy water.. tan claro como el agua de Xochimilco.

"the moment seizes you".

Curious if anyone has a Spanish translation of that phrase.

Quizás,(el momento te conmueve) or (el momento me conmovió).´

I have a question,my keyboard has an ñ key but I can't find the key for accent marks,any ideas?

And your tip about the dead key to the right of the ñ didn't work..

Try it again. The dead key should have an umlaut symbol and an accent mark pictured on it. First hit the dead key. Then hit the vowel you want accented. This is how I get áéíó and ú. You get the umlaut symbol by shifting the same key. For example, äëïö and ü.

Try it again. The dead key should have an umlaut symbol and an accent mark pictured on it. First hit the dead key. Then hit the vowel you want accented. This is how I get áéíó and ú. You get the umlaut symbol by shifting the same key. For example, äëïö and ü.

Got it!...Que menso soy...

The "dead"key is above and to the right of the ñ.

á ó.Mil gracias!

For those with Macs, it is usually ALT and the letter e releasing the ALT and tapping the e again, for example. For á. get the accent with the e, release ALT and tap the a. Do ó the same way. There is also an assortment of other stuff in SPECIAL CHARACTERS, under EDIT.

Archived