Chapala.com Webboard

Electric meter exchange

solajijic

Saturday morning CFE came by and without even ringing the door bell took the meter and replaced it with one which is opaque and has a metal button on the front.

We are hoping this is not one of those card reader meters. They did not leave a card for it.

It did not appear as though they were going down the street changing out all the meters. Although we were on our way out which is the only way we know it happened.

Anybody else have this happen? Know why it happened?

I think they would knock and ask you to unlock cage...and if you did not cooperate in time then maybe bolt cutters or just shut off supply.

The new meter is voluntary. The point of the cage is they have ask and when they do, you can refuse. Apparently the people who install the new meters are paid based on the meters they install, so they're not about to give you the whole story.

Suck it up buttercup. The meter is the property of CFE, not yours. If they need access to their meter, they have every right to be able to access it.

They have the right to change your meter. They do not have the right to change you over to the infamous card. I still have a jumped meter six months later as no one knows how to fix the situation. Calling does not help. I have four fix it numbers and still nothing happens including no bill. Weird.

Using cages over meters started mainly from a rash of meter thefts several years ago. A thief will plug your meter into his socket, and then a few days or a week before his is due to be read, plug his own back in. After the meter is read, he plugs yours in again. That way the bulk of the usage is not recorded on his meter and he gets a very low bill.

Well since CFE came back this am and put on another meter I was told that Saturday they just took the old one off and read the back and put it back on. The case on that one had become opaque and yellowed and the fellow this AM said they couldn't read it anymore. Well I am not so sure I believe that. He did assure me this was not a mal tarjeta replacement one but that this was 220 where my old one was 110. Hmmmmm. This one also has gps thingy in it that if it is stolen they can tell the computer to find it. Hmmmm.

The electrician has been called just to make sure there isn't anything funky dunky going on here. And Beto is on for next week for some other things so an iron cage is on the list.

I hate to see this happening. The Smart Meters are a big problem and people are not being told about the reality of these things. These is a movement here by various groups in the US to not have them. I suggest you do some research on the web. There is an attorney in Texas who has being suing and had hearings with the PUC. Anyway, it's a big deal and the fact is you shouldn't get your information from a government agency as they lie. The whole thing is totally corrupt. Do some research from independent sources.

Regardless of what they say, some people are getting sick from them. The next property I own I will not allow one to be installed.

So I was curious and read the Cancer Society info. and I am rolling my eyes out loud and chuckling.

Thanks for the heads up.

They do emit radiation and there are other issues with them. I have done a lot of research on this topic, so I think looking at one site is not really research.

People used to laugh at the idea of germs that couldn't be seen also.

They do emit radiation and there are other issues with them. I have done a lot of research on this topic, so I think looking at one site is not really research.

People used to laugh at the idea of germs that couldn't be seen also.

Scary stuff.

Each smart meter broadcasts a Radio Frequency signal for about 1.5 seconds a day.

Each smart meter emits 2 millionths of a watt per square centimetre (μW/cm2) => That's 0.000002 watts per cm2 of power.

Physics tells us that the smart meter's 1.5 seconds of Radio Frequency power drops to 0.000000005 W/cm2 when we are 10 feet away from the smart meter. That 5 billionths of a Watt at 10 feet.

A typical cell phone and cell phone towers bath us in about 500 - 1,000 μW/cm2

The summer sun slams us with power levels of 100,000 μW/cm2 during the summer months.

Moral of the Physics of Smart Meter broadcasts: Before worrying about 1.5 seconds a day of 0.000000005 W/cm2 or less of RF a day,

First: throw away your cell phone, shut off your computer and router's wireless, and stay far far away from places with cell phone coverage.

and stay out of the sun, because the sun hits us with 20 million-million times more energy than a smart meter

and for sure never ever fly in jet airplanes because of the big gamma ray dose from flying at high altitudes closer to the sun (3X higher than living downwind of Three Mile Island radiation plumes for longer flights) ...

So if I get rid of my smart meter and don't replace it I will be safer :) Because without electricity I won't be able to use my microwave, charge my cell phone, plug in my wireless router etc.

This is getting funnier and funnier. I love all of these posts :)

Archived