Chapala.com Webboard

SAT gets your travel plans from airlines when leaving or entering Mexico now.

AlanMexicali

http://eleconomista.com.mx/columnas/columna-especial-valores/2015/02/05/informacion-pasajeros-vuelos-internacionales-sat

Google translation:

"Eduardo Revilla

Those traveling to Mexico abroad or vice versa, whether or not Mexican taxpayers are of age or minors, public officials, opponents, employees, spouses, boyfriends or lovers, all without exception be part of a database that airlines they provide the SAT, which includes names, locations, characteristics of the trip and even the luggage of each passenger. To avoid any qualifier, reproduce verbatim Rule 1.9.21 of Foreign Trade Rules in force, published by the SAT on December 29, 2014. This rule states:

"For the purposes of Article 7, first paragraph of the law, 5 of the Regulations and Rule 1.9.1, the airlines carrying passengers from overseas country or overseas territory must electronically transmit the SAT, the following information on each passenger:

I. record locator (PNR) Code. II. Date of reservation / ticket issuance. III. Date (s) of intended travel. IV. Name (s) and surname of the passenger and / or companions (with same reservation). V. Information available payment / billing (cash, credit card or other). V. Travel itinerary for specific PNR. VII. Information shared code (PNR codes assigned to the passenger when the flight is performed by a different airline to which ticket sales made pursuant to service agreements between airlines). VIII. Name of travel / travel agent, if applicable.

Additionally, they may submit the following records: I. Information available. II. Information available on frequent traveler benefits (eg, free tickets, changing categories, etc.). III. Start / split information (when the reservation covers two or more persons and one (s) of these changes (n) or flight route different from the rest of the group should record the name and itinerary for each code PNR). IV. Status passenger trip (including confirmations and registration). V. Registration information (including ticket number, one-way tickets and automated ticketing fare quote). VI. Baggage Information. VII. Information seat (including the seat number). VIII. General comments about special services required by the passenger. IX. Advance Passenger Information collected (APIS). X. historical changes to the PNR information (relating to the preceding paragraphs).

The information listed in the preceding subparagraph shall be notified 72 hours prior to takeoff the plane and will be updated within 48, 24 and eight hours prior to departure of the aircraft.

Upon closing of the flight, the plane before takeoff, must electronically transmit to SAT, the following information: I. PNR locator reports, including data on passenger information code. II. Key to the airline. III. Flight Number. IV. Date and time of departure. V. Date and time of arrival. VI. Origin airport. VII. Airport destination. VIII. Seat number. IX. Passenger information. X. Number of suitcases. XI. Record of each case. XII. Baggage weight. XIII. Destiny. XIV. Build. XV. Order in the registry. The information relates to this rule shall be transmitted in terms of the guidelines for the purpose by the SAT, the website www.sat.gob.mx ".

So far the quote from this rule. One question: what next?"

In case anyone still maintains a delusion of privacy, the post above should help to dispel it, and about time.

"1984" was just a bit delayed, but it's here now. Just for the heckuvit, I conducted a search on myself and discovered that not only did they have every public record, (almost) but for an additional fee (which I'm way too cheap to pay) they would provide me with a complete compendium of all Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and whatever other internet activity I'd ever engaged in. Since I don't participate in social networking sites, it would have been a waste. Better yet, they'd be happy to give me all that info.on anyone else for a low cost monthly subscription fee. Woo hoo! What a wonderful world. :unsure:

So, the next time you get pizzed off at someone or something.......bear in mind that your words are forever available.

Guest bennie2

oh. i havnt paid prop taxes in several years. i dont own now. do they still give the info to someone? my feeling is that if you owe prop or business taxes they can arrest you @ the airport before you skip out?

Guest bennie2

ok. so the SAT is looking out for taxes on businesses. other than that my personal info goes into a big data base. now they know about my one suitcase & carryon. doute they care about my twitter account.

ok. so the SAT is looking out for taxes on businesses. other than that my personal info goes into a big data base. now they know about my one suitcase & carryon. doute they care about my twitter account.

If someone wants to know EVERYTHING about you; your records and even including your thoughts on Twitter, Facebook and many others, all they have to do is go to a marvelously thorough site on Google and pay them around 10 bucks to find out.

ANYTHING you put in writing anywhere is now carefully stored somewhere. Now, isn't that a cheery thought?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. We're all in the same boat now, thanks to modern technology.

Guest bennie2

gringal, if you use a phoney name on twitter & another email- i assume they have the IP address? so thru that IP "they" can see your thoughts on twitter? im not going for a corporate job interview, or running for office. no one cares about me. i am the type who would be on a "watch" list these days. unfortunatly im not that famous.

Doesn't matter what you are going for or not going for. If you made a contribution to a political party other than Dem or Rep, bought a car, a house, registered a gun, held a passport, driver's license, library card, bank account or credit card, spoke out against the Vietnam War, or the next war, spoke out against abortion, or for gay rights, or for women's rights, you are on a list. If you were ever a member of a perceived or real environmental group or club, an atheist group, a registered voter, got a parking ticket, are a taxpayer, a veteran, are defender of the second amendment, are a writer, actor, singer, artist, you are on a list. Ever wrote to your congress person? You are on a list. And now there's the www and google and twitter and facebook and...you are on a list.

I'm old enough to remember Hitler and the Nazis, and too many lists tend to scare me. You never know which one or how many might be activated at any given time.

Archived