Chapala.com Webboard

Colima erruption ?

Floradude

I see it too. And it is where I saw another cloud many years ago when the volcano also sent smoke into the sky. It sure looks like what you would see from an eruption and not from a cloud, especially considering how clear the sky is this evening.

There are folks who live in upper SJC and east of Chapala who can see the mountain who can let us know if what we see, is really the volcano erupting

Yes, that is Volcán de Colima. It's been erupting like this for a few weeks now. If you go up a bit higher, like in El Raquet Club, you can see Nevada de Colima, a taller but extinct volcano that is about 3 miles from Volcán de Colima. N de C is also spectacular right now, as it is living up to its name and is snow-covered, which usually happens each year during las cabañuelas, the little rainy season of January.

My Dad called the other night and says turn on the webcam on the volcano, I said it was dark he said look at it anyway, it was glowing in the night, very cool. He says he looks at it a couple of times a day from Wyoming.

Archived