Chapala.com Webboard

Sky satellite

lscsmx

I have had Sky for several years

I pay 650 pesos month and receive very few English stations(much Espanol - my wifw is Mexican)

English - FoxNews, CNN International, a lot of soccer, some USA football, and a few other sports,

There are a few old movies in English, and music

I think your commitment is for 18 months

3 movie channels, about 4 reality show channels (Discovery, NatGeo, A&E, etc), a few sit-com channels that sometimes have movies, FOX Sports and the NFL Network. I pay 169 pesos

No English news

Remember that the old fashioned Telecable has channels from what was 2 through about 73 and now from 2 to about 92 with ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox from the US east coast. But Telecable has also upgraded to digital TV to include HD channels. They are numbered from about 102 to 999 and are all digital. They even have CNN and the NFL channel in HD and in English.

Yes,, there are many more digital channels in Spanish, but there are many more English channels as well, to include many more English language channels from the USA.

If you already have old fashioned analog Telecable, check out the digital package as well before you move on.

Thanks everyone. I was told that sky allows you to change the language from Spanish to English. Also, I had HD through Telecable when I lived in La Floresta near the carratera but cannot get an HD signal because I am told I am too far from the street for the box to pick it up. That's why I need other ideas. Particularly interested in HBO and NFL network. Thanks for your help.

HHHMMMM? Not sure I understand being too far from the box. Isn't the "box" in your house and a cable line running outside? Just asking. Did you hear this from Telecable? If there is any way you can, I would try to stay with Telecable. No commitment or extra fees and quite a few English channels.

It's me, Slainte39. Yes I am sad that the Seattle Seahawks didn't win the Super Bowl.

But we did our best. And a #2 rating is something to be proud about,too.

lscsmx: How far away are you from the Telecable Box? I am 90 meters and although I am supposed to be no more than 80 meters or 264 feet, I am about 10% more and everything is great, from Ch 2 through 92 analog, and digital from, 101 to 999.

Johanson: you have a digital box? Do you have NFL network as one of those didgital channels? Telecable came over with a didgital/HD box and said it would not pick up any signal because we were too far. I think I am only 150 feet or maybe a little more from the street but I am not sure where the Telecable box is. I even went to the office to ask them to try again since they have since installed an upgraded cable and they said no.

Has anyone tried Sky Satellite? I am renting and have basic Telecable but cant invest in purchasing the dish and all the equipment for Shaw. Out of pocket around $900-1000 US plus monthly fee.

Thanks

Not sure were the $900-1000 US figure comes from. You can do this for a lot less...PM if interested.

Yes I do have a digital HD receiver provided by Telecable,lscsmx . I guess I got it about 4 or 5 years ago, I can't remember. What I remember is, that this very large HD receiver looked like it was a used model purchased from perhaps Comcast. No problem, it works.

And yes, Channel 758 on Telecable is titled the NFLHD Channel. Right now at 2:45 they are showing the highlights Seattle Seahawks playing the SF 49ners last year and they are about to show last years Super Bowl Yes the program is always in English. I do not believe they show live games but rather update you with the latest NFL facts and show entertaining games from the past during off season

Do a Google search and look up "NFL Network" and they will better explain what is on this channel.

Archived