Chapala.com Webboard

Vehicle emission testing location in Chapala

Sandrita

It is at #375 Zaragosa, if memory serves me correctly. Simply drive to Chapala and turn left at the light. Go north a couple of blocks and turn right on Degollado and left on Zaragosa. It will be obvious.

I thought I read that the place in Chapala had stopped doing emissions testing because of "irregularities" and that there was now nowhere at Lakeside to get emissions testing and the official sticker. Did the place in Chapala start up again?

I had emissions tested in Chapala (Zaragosa 375) in Nov. as plate number ended in zero. Dec. is a non testing month. Don't know if they tested in Jan. or not, but they were until the end of Nov.

What is the name of the place?

Gracias.

There is no name. Its a pay as you go parking lot and the emission control mechanic is located inside the lot. You will see a large parking lot logo on the street side of the facility.

Gracias...do you by chance know what hours they are open?

• 2 years later...

Update May.27, 2017....Just had my car done in Chapala. Cost is now $400. It is a joke, of course. All they do is stick a sniffer in the tailpipe & voila, you pass. They don't even check to see if your CHECK ENGINE LIGHT is on. IMHO, it's just a money grab. But, better than being hassled by the local cops. 

The one close to Soriana is long gone.  Best way to get to the one on Zaragoza  is when you get to the red light at Chapala,  Go straight for a couple of blocks and turn left on Zaragoza.  The emission place is about 3-4 blocks down on the right and he has a sign out about emission hologram.  It is 400 pesos.  You turn right into the open gate driveway.  They do not speak English but all you have to say is emission hologram and he will direct you to the machine.

On 2015-2-6 at 4:21 PM, slainte39 said:

I had emissions tested in Chapala (Zaragosa 375) in Nov. as plate number ended in zero. Dec. is a non testing month. Don't know if they tested in Jan. or not, but they were until the end of Nov.

I had mine done at this Chapala location in the first week of April.

15 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Car City in Riberas will do it and they issue stickers based on location in Guadalajara

When did Car City become an authorized emissions testing center? This is the first time I have heard anyone ever mention them as one.

Archived