Chapala.com Webboard

Need advice on buying from Mercado Libre

MoraAzul

I want to purchase an ítem on Mercado Libre but my account, which I signed up for a couple of years ago but have never successfully used, has been suspended. There's a contact email to solve this issue but although they promised to get back within 48 hours, they don't. Language isn't an issue; I can read and write Spanish well enough to communicate with them, if they would communicate with me.

So has anyone successfully used Mercado Libre?

Are permanentes allowed to use it or do you have to be a citizen?

Should I cancel my account and try signing up again? I'm really frustrated about not being able to buy my stuff!

So has anyone successfully used Mercado Libre?

Are permanentes allowed to use it or do you have to be a citizen?

I've used Mercado Libre successfully to both buy and sell,I'm not permanente and I don't think your immigration status is an issue.

Try signing up again.

We have made quite a few successful purchases through Mercado Libre. Of course, it is not as user friendly as say Amazon or Ebay, purchases on ML are not instantaneous with the click of a button, you must first make contact with the seller. Before clicking on comprar or buy I usually ask the seller how much shipping is to Chapala, Jalisco in the question about the product box. After you click comprar, email seller notifying him that you clicked comprar and ask how and where to deposit money. After you deposit the money into his Banamex or say Bancomer account, many times they ask you to scan the bank receipt and email it to them as proof of payment. Then email the seller a final email with your name and address, mailing information. Then sit back and wait a few days for your product to arrive, then don't forget to rate your experience with this individual seller.

As you can see it is quite a bit more involved, but everything we have ordered has arrived. The only time a purchase fell on the rocks was due to failure to make to make contact with seller.

Good luck and remember patience and good humor is required with any and every purchase in Mexico. Oh to answer the OP's question I would sign up again.

I've bought several things from Mercado Libre. In each case I was sent an invoice with a barcode. Take the invoice to Oxxo, they scan the barcode, and take the money. All electronic and really simple.

Ditto. Great marketplace. Sometimes the Spanish is a bit of a struggle but I always seem to muddle through.

My advice don't buy there. Ebay or Amazon. Pay a little extra but worth it.

I am unclear about the Ebay - Mexico connection. Is there an Ebay Mexico? Or is that Mercado Libre as I have seen some claim? Or is it simply a matter of finding an Ebay seller who will ship to Mexico? How does that work?

MercadoLibre.com.mx is a Mexican business, similar to EBay. They are not the same.

Mercadolibre works fine and you simply pay to the seller‘s account at a bank near your home in Mexico after you have made contact and the necessary arrangements by e-mail or phone.

Archived