Chapala.com Webboard

Car validation

Keithsc

Is that available at any Aduana location in the country? It should be, if it is available in your area; after all it is a national agency.

I believe so. I advise all clients of this option. Most have no intention of brining in another car as they are Permanent Residents so do not care.

What I have in my notes to my clients:

If you wish to remove your car permit from Aduana’s database, once the car is nationalized and you have state plates you go to your nearest Aduana office. Take with you, two copies of: your pedimento, factura, the documents you obtained when you received your car permit, the documents you received from the state (Rentas) when you received your state plates and registration. I have confirmed this several times by calling Aduana In Queretaro. You will not get back your deposit but you can possibly bring in another car on a TIP (Temporary Import Permit) if not a Permanent Resident. You are allowed to nationalize 5 cars.

Thanks everyone for sharing information and keeping this civil, much appreciated.

Sonia

How does one get a dealer factura from a dealership in Mexico when the car was bought outside of Mexico and brought in by an expat with a TIP? Then again it is Mexico. :-)

The cars fraudulently "nationalized" at the airport also show up on REPUVE and had plates but appears not lega. Maybe at the airport people were paying for nationalizing at a very high cost and were using this process that some call "regularize" and pocketing many thousand pesos.

Sonia

I wasn't aware that any of the cars "nationalized" by Gary Keeler through the customs broker at the airport show up on REPUVE. Mine certainly doesn't. If a car's VIN # shows up on REPUVE doesn't that mean it has been legally imported and the pedimento is legitimate?

I wasn't aware that any of the cars "nationalized" by Gary Keeler through the customs broker at the airport show up on REPUVE. Mine certainly doesn't. If a car's VIN # shows up on REPUVE doesn't that mean it has been legally imported and the pedimento is legitimate?

Two I checked were non-NAFTA and they show up on REPUVE. These pedimentos were reviewed by Aduana and they reported they were clones. In each case they got Jalisco plates. The pedimento was dated before process started. The cost to nationalize was over 40,000 p. In one case the VIN had an error. Spencer has seen several of these with similar and in some cases more errors. It appears someone with lots of computer knowledge / access was able to get these on REPUVE. So being on REPUVE is not a guarantee but a starting point. Spencer I believe posted other discrepancies.

I wonder if you are a naturalized citizen and also hold a US passport if you could legitimately own a US plated car?

That would mean the rules as they stand are specific to Residente Permanante and the general Mexican populace.

I know lots of people born in Mexico who have become US citizens that return to Mexico on Tourist Visas so they can keep their US car. They come as US citizens, and do not mention that they are Mexican citizens. No problems.

Short answer: No

Mexicans with residency in the US are able to temporarily import their cars for 180 days but must go back to the border before the end of the 180 days. They do not enter as tourists as they do not need to. Some Mexicans used to get FM3s so they could keep their cars past the 180 days but aduana caught on and stopped renewing their temporary import permits.

Archived