Chapala.com Webboard

Cost of pump for ajilbe?

Ginger

Oh, good. The best news is that it's the switch on the pressure tank that needs replacing. This guy is great & comes immediately but he has fudged a bit on the receipt he gave me for the pressure tank he installed. Thanks so much. I never have an idea on the costs of this kind of thing.

If it is just the pressure control switch, it should be about $350 installed. I just did the same in October. Add a little for the change in the exchange rate, and $400-$500 pesos is about all it should cost. Not $5000.

I had a pressure system installed, tank under 1,000 pesos, new 1.5hp pump under 3,000 and installation under 1,000.

I bought a 1/2 HP 220V submersible pump at Garcia's bombas down the street from the Hotel Monte Carlo in Chapala for $5,000 pesos. A 40 gallon fiberglass pressure tank cost me $4,200. Added a pressure switch for $800 and an electrical switch to prevent the pump from burning up should there be no water for another $1,000 pesos.

The 1/2 HP submersible provides enough push to deliver water to a second story living area.

The owner could have easily sold me a more expensive 3/4 HP pump but he was convinced the 1/2 would be fine. He's very knowledgeable and honest and actually has inventory in the store. No waiting for a delivery from Guadalajara.

Archived