Chapala.com Webboard

Does anyone know how often the Chapala Plus bus runs along the carreterra through Ajijic?

suegarn

I know that the 'chicken bus' and the larger carreterra buses run about every 15 to 20 minutes. How often does the Chapala Plus bus run, and once it turns onto the Libramento, does it makes stops in front of places like the El Dorado complex?

I'm looking at possible rentals in El Dorado, but I don't have a car, so I would be taking the bus into the village and back.

I would look in Chapala Centro or Ajijic Centro if you do not have a car. Think about walking, even to and from bus stops, with baggage, groceries, a new TV, etc. You won‘t like it. In Centro, you might be able to do it, but a taxi would be a short and economical alternative, as would living on, or near a street with a Chapala bus going by.

I do not know aboout the chapala plus bus but the bus going to Guadalajara via the Liberemiento runs every more or less 1h. I do not know if it stops by ElDorado.Where is el Dorito. If you mean Torito every hour.(again I am speaking about the GDL Directo)

The GDL directo will stop at El Dorado if you flag it.... but it runs only every hour (unless it's changed in the past year)

BTW going into Ajijic I've had it ignore me &'speed on by (never happened going the other direction for whatever reason)

From my experience I don't recommend El dorado -- or the other Libramiento communities (BOP ,Las Terazas etc) for walkers. It's not a terribly long distance if you're in decent shape but After a long day of walking around town etc the walk back up that hill is a drag. The Libramiento is a hot dusty walk and while shady the goat path is no fun either carrying groceries etc . Not something you'll want to do several times a day. Life will be much more pleasant for you if you rent close to the regular bus service

Guest bennie2

depending upon a bus that runs one time per hour is insane. you need to hire several taxies & have a cell phone. the taxie has to wait for you when grocery shopping to take you home. for suburban developements you need a car. if no car then many taxies. why would you want to stand on a hot highway? bad decision.

Thank you everyone, for all the helpful advice. I guess I'll have to check with one of the actual bus drivers, because there seems to be a lot of conflicting information here.

Once I find out the truth, I'll let you all know what the real story is regarding whether or not the bus stops anywhere along the Libramento.

Instead of trying to figure out what information being offered was correct, I walked way over to the bus station in Ajijic to find out the truth. And since I said that I would let everyone know, here is the answer to my original question.

The bus that runs along the carreterra, then up the Libramento to Guad, runs once per hour, on the half hour from the carreterra and Colon (so best to be there at least 5 minutes prior to that). And it DOES STOP to let of passengers in front of El Dorado!

Guest bennie2

thats what i said, one time per hour. even if superlake walmart is closer to dorado, easier to travel from ajijic. you have several busses per hour, its one straight line. also in ajijic you can go to small stores & walk. i dont recommend walking to superlake from dorado, too dangerous too hot. still its not a bad situation for cabs.

Thank you suegarn for getting the information and sharing it.

Bus service sounds reasonable to me.

Since we are all in varying degrees of fitness and mobility no one else can tell you what would or would not work for you. Best of luck in your seach for a home and much joy to you in it.

• 2 years later...

Archived