Chapala.com Webboard

Taste of Thai Open, Closed, on Vacation?

Had lunch at the place December 30th and the server told us that they would close the next day, Dec.31st. The cook was not happy with his pay (participation on revenue) and decided to return to Thailand where he makes more money.

Had lunch at the place December 30th and the server told us that they would close the next day, Dec.31st. The cook was not happy with his pay (participation on revenue) and decided to return to Thailand where he makes more money.

Not quite what the sign says. One would think that if someone were going to open a restaurant based around a chef they would make sure the chef has the papers to work here and/or pay the chef enough to keep him. I'm sad because I really liked Taste of Thai.

Not quite what the sign says. One would think that if someone were going to open a restaurant based around a chef they would make sure the chef has the papers to work here and/or pay the chef enough to keep him. I'm sad because I really liked Taste of Thai.

I too am sad because we loved Taste of Thai, but judging by attendance whenever we went, it was obvious it would not last. Rents are high and Parking is limited, not a good place for a restaurant.

Archived