Chapala.com Webboard

UNO TV COM

Floradude

This is the second time I have had this problem. The first time was about 4 years ago. they were called uninoticias then. I took my phone to Telcel client services and they removed it. Yes you can type in a code and say baja but that may or may not be effective. Far better taking it to the source of the probelm, Telcel, and formally registering a complaint about the practice at the same time. You can also insist that no charges be added to your account for this service.

Go to Telcel Centro de Servicios de Clientes at Lagunas for this. Do not go to a Telcel "distribuadora" for this, they may be able to remove the annoying texts but they do not have access to your account info nor are they able to take your complaints. Only a Centro de Servicio can do this.

I believe this practice is actually illegal in Mexico, goes against privacy laws or something. You could file a formal complaint with the Procuraduria de Consumidor if anyone wanted to get that organized about it. This would eventually result in a hearing. If ruled in your favour the Proc could impose fines and restrictions on Telcel until they stop the practice (in an ideal world).

Probably much easier to just return the message to Telcel. Maybe by inundating them with requests to remove the service it will sort of return the favour, no?

Is it possible to write an App that can filter text messages? Does anyone know how to do that. Bet you could sell it.... :-)

Texting 2222 with the word baja works every time; however, as noted in another thread, even though you get an instant reply it does take 24 hours to go into effect. I'm much happier doing this from my armchair than dragging my sorry butt out to the TelCel offices; why should I do all the heavy lifting?

Texting BAJA to 2222 worked but took 24 hours. Now I'm getting them in my SMS box on my Telcel Modem and texting BAJA to 2222 fails

UNOTV.COM

CASTILLO DEJA COMISION DE SEGURIDAD EN MICHOACAN: SEGOB/SALE ALEJANDRO ENCINAS DEL PRD/VA CUAUHTEMOC BLANCO POR ALCALDIA DE CUERNAVACA http://

Hi Mike, The idea was not so much to do the heavy lifting for Telcel, but was more focused on making Telcel aware of this complaint. There seem to be alot of people miffed by the messages so if enough of us file a complaint maybe we can get them to stop selling our numbers to third parties (or who ever they gave our phone numbers to), at least not without our consent. It is an annoying practice, has cost people money and is, in my opinion, an unethical business practice. Not to report this is a little bit like not reporting a theft and lets face it, if no one complains, the practice will just keep on keeping on.

So, the idea about going Telcel was not just to get rid of the unwanted service, but was meant primarily to ensure there are no charges to your account for receiving this unsolicited message "service" and to file a formal complaint about the practice. How else will they know?

I definitely see your point. Ane in another world, I would probably do as you suggest. But here it's more like smacking your head against a brick wall. In particular since I have a feeling TelCel is very aware. Because really its ethics lie on the same plane as their attitude towards deleting your extra minutes, charging you for checking your balance, and so on.

You did the right thing.

Archived