Chapala.com Webboard

Chef Mia's Yummy Delish "Friday Garden Barbecue" January 23rd

Thanks so much to everyone who joined us on our opening day last Friday...we met over 60 of our neighbors and sold out of food. I really enjoyed meeting so many Facebook friends in person, and having so many people show up to sample our dishes<:}

This Friday: We're serving our Barbecued Pork Ribs with a side of either Granny's Carolina Potato Salad or a cup of Sweet Potato Whip, $120 pesos. I've also made lots of Grandad's Georgia molasses pork and beans, at $65 pesos per half liter (vegetarian option too); Black-and-White chocolate mousse dessert cups $40 pesos, fresh squeezed berry limonade $15 pesos, and canned coke or diet coke $10 pesos.

Please subscribe on the website to find out more, and receive an email containing the weekly menu, so you won't miss out on our specials such as tender beef brisket (pot roast) cooked overnight low and slow, served with foil-roasted baked potato, red wine gravy, and dinner roll. That's coming up on Friday the 30th...don't miss out!

We're only open to the public one day a week so you can enjoy home-made dishes cooked from scratch with natural ingredients, prepared fresh from my old southern Pratt family recipes. Stop in every Friday from Noon - 5:00.

We're located at #53 on 16th de Septiembre, just a block west of La Bodega on the mountain side of the street. Doors open at Noon. To place a guaranteed order via the website, go to ChefMiasYummyDelish.com.

Hope to see you there!

Everything is ready...the ribs are trimmed and crusted with Grandad's Georgia farmhouse rub, enjoying an airtight marinade overnight until I load them into our giant oven to roast low-and-slow in the morning until perfectly tender for our humble Friday Garden Barbecue from Noon to 5:00. Everything's hand-made from scratch, cooked home-style and prepared with love. We have Granny's South Carolina potato salad, too, made with oodles of chopped veggies, my home-made bread-and-butter pickles, and her classic southern dressing. Or, try our Sweet Potato Whip, slow-cooked with just a hint of molasses for a savory-sweet taste you'll enjoy. There's fresh berry limonade and Black-and-White chocolate mousse cups, too. Come join us from Noon - 5 this Friday, and every Friday. Directions, contact info and photos at chefmiasyummydelish.com.

Archived