Chapala.com Webboard

Property Taxes and Water - can they be paid by cheque?

Arjay

On the municipal property tax page https://predialchapala.gob.mx/there is an option to pay online, never tried it

The pay online option never did work always returning an error. You can see the amount of your property tax by entering the cuenta U0xxxxx in the box and then that ridiculas captcha where a 1 l and ! all look alike.

The Chapala office accepts credit cards. I paid using a Bancomer Visa. Don't know about checks. The online amount matched the amount paid in Chapala so at least that part is right.

The pay online option never did work always returning an error. You can see the amount of your property tax by entering the cuenta U0xxxxx in the box and then that ridiculas captcha where a 1 l and ! all look alike.

The Chapala office accepts credit cards. I paid using a Bancomer Visa. Don't know about checks. The online amount matched the amount paid in Chapala so at least that part is right.

I did enter the cuenta number and the ridiculas captcha and I get the message "Cuenta no localizada.." it doesn't give me the amount of my property tax.

Am I right in assuming they'll only accept a Mexican credit card in Chapala?

I did enter the cuenta number and the ridiculas captcha and I get the message "Cuenta no localizada.." it doesn't give me the amount of my property tax.

Am I right in assuming they'll only accept a Mexican credit card in Chapala?

I paid with my US Visa (Chase, specifically).

Archived