Chapala.com Webboard

Another PV route question

Mainecoons

If going by way of Ameca, is it feasible to take a side trip for a few hours to San Sebastian, which is two hours north of PV and just off the main road, or would that make the day too long and fatiguing?

It looks like a really worth while place to visit and take my brother when he comes in 3 weeks.

It's only about a 20 minute drive from the highway, if that. So it's certainly doable. Whether or not you feel like it after driving for six hours with another hour and a half to go, who knows. It would be better to overnight, so you could then relax and enjoy the town, then head down the last mountains to Puerto Vallarta the following afternoon. San Sebastian is lovely, and for some inexplicable reason it has the best Italian Restaurant on the planet.

If you leave at a reasonable morning hour from Chapala, you can be in San Sebastian for lunch on Mexican time and still get into PV late in the afternoon. We have done that. We planned on eating at the Italian Restaurant, but found it closed (I do not remember why or what day of the week it was), but there was a nice cafe on the square with good food. We had guests with us and they loved the experience.

Go for it; no need to overnight, as there is little else to do in San Sebastian for us geriatrics.

RV, I was hoping we could do this, particularly rolling out around 8AM on a Sunday morning when traffic should be light. I drive pretty briskly and should be able to make good time. Lunch in San Sebastian would be perfect.

As always, thanks you all very much for your valuable input. You all really are the best! :)

Another small item:

No cell phone coverage there, but.........free WiFi with no password required for the whole village!

We don't need no stinkin phones but we need our Facebook!

Archived