Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for a nice Throw Blanket as a Gift

Hud

I have bought really nice bedspreads in Patzcuaro for gifts NOB. Now, I would like to find equally nice Throw Blankets to use as gifts. Any help would certainly be appreciated. TIA.

I might add that here in Chapala a group of Mexicans comes through with a variety of hand made throws made in a different Mexican state. One of my Mexican friends pointed out the difference in the hand stitching around the edges vs. the stuff bought at the stores that did not stitch the edges and I was sold. Initially the price for a nice one was 600 pesos but my Mexican friend "threatened" to notify the police that the guy was robbing folks ^_^ and in the end the price came down to three for 600 pesos. That was a bargain. The next time they came to my door (they have their wares on a dolly so you can't miss them in the streets) the guy wanted 500 pesos for one. Another Mexican friend was there and wouldn't let me pay more than 250 pesos for one. I don't know if they come through Ajijic but I have to say that the throws are colorful and wash well. I use them on my bed and I have given several away. They have many designs and the one "salesman" said that he could get a color and design I liked if I gave him enough time and a copy of the design. I have no idea what that would cost.

I'm just giving you another option.

I might add that here in Chapala a group of Mexicans comes through with a variety of hand made throws made in a different Mexican state. One of my Mexican friends pointed out the difference in the hand stitching around the edges vs. the stuff bought at the stores that did not stitch the edges and I was sold. Initially the price for a nice one was 600 pesos but my Mexican friend "threatened" to notify the police that the guy was robbing folks ^_^ and in the end the price came down to three for 600 pesos. That was a bargain. The next time they came to my door (they have their wares on a dolly so you can't miss them in the streets) the guy wanted 500 pesos for one. Another Mexican friend was there and wouldn't let me pay more than 250 pesos for one. I don't know if they come through Ajijic but I have to say that the throws are colorful and wash well. I use them on my bed and I have given several away. They have many designs and the one "salesman" said that he could get a color and design I liked if I gave him enough time and a copy of the design. I have no idea what that would cost.

I'm just giving you another option.

It is good to have some Mexican friends. They know how to shop here:-)

Archived