Chapala.com Webboard

window blinds

wcw5509b

Hunter Douglas, on the carreterra, first traffic light past walmart, mountain side. There is also a store in the "strip mall" across the street, same one as Superlake. They sell patio furniture and blinds. I have not used them so cannot comment. I have used Hunter Douglas and am happy with them. Others will be sure to add more comments.

There is an advertisement to the right, scrolling down to “Blinds and Curtains“.

Also, the shop in Chapala, next to the plastic cow, on Madero, a block north of the plaza, sells and installs.

Also, check the hardware store near Sunrise restaurant in Riberas.

You may not see what you want in these shops, but they order what you need from samles or a catalog and install in no time at all.

Bad news, RV. We have been informed that the plastic life-size cow is no longer there. The vet business was sold and the cow left with that vet. I have NO idea how we are supposed to give directions now.

Major catastrophe! Now everyone from Ajijic will get lost in Chapala. I wish I had been there to see the cow led away. :)

I had blinds installed by Illumina y Decora (Quick Blinds). Rafael the installer told me he also installs for Hunter Douglas. He said they are essentially the same product but that Hunter Douglas costs more.

Bad news, RV. We have been informed that the plastic life-size cow is no longer there. The vet business was sold and the cow left with that vet. I have NO idea how we are supposed to give directions now.

We'll just give directions in the traditional Lakeside way: "Where the plastic cow used to be . . . " :-)

• 1 year later...

You said Ajijic so Quick Blinds as has been said, located west of Superlake about 6 stores.

I have used Hunter Douglas for some extremely expensive silk curtains but had to go to Guadalajara as the guy here would never ever get back to me.   I have tried to use him on three seperate occassions with the same result.

so recommend Quick Blinds for customer care and satisfaction as well as quality of product.  Yes same guy as Illumia but as the names reflect, Illumia has lights while Quick Blinds has blinds!

Archived