Chapala.com Webboard

RFC/SAT frustration

mudgirl

I run a small business and I have been doing my tax declarations online without a hitch all year under the new tax system. This month, while filing my income and expenses for Nov.-Dec. the facturas I tried to enter under my "gastos", the system would not accept. I kept getting a box that said the RFC #s of the sellers were not correct. The SAT function for checking the RFC #s says the #s are invalid. The facturas are from 2 large fabric store chains, and I have been entering their facturas under my expenses all year with no problem- they are both in my "frequente" list.

I called the 1-800 SAT number and the woman I spoke to said to go to the stores and ask why their RFC # is now listed as invalid and to get them to issue a new factura with the correct RFC. The stores claim the RFC is correct. The woman I spoke to at SAT was not at all interested in the name of the businesses or the RFC #.

Is this another unsolvable Mexican Catch-22? It is not crucial that I have these facturas for the end of 2014, as we are not being charged any tax this year, but I definitely need all the facturas I can get for my 2015 reporting.

Anyone have any real advice on my next step?

Try again in a few days / hours as the system has glitches and goes down and then later all is well.

Thanks Spenser. Yes, the system has some glitches. When I entered my ISR and IVA declarations this month, it only registered my ISR, for example.

In the case of my original post, the accountant who is helping me learn how to do this stuff on my own pointed out that the error was mine- what I had been entering as a "1" in the RFC# of the emisor, was in fact the letter "I". What is weird is that I had the number with the incorrect "1" in my "frequente"s and the system has been accepting it all year. I suppose because we weren't paying taxes in 2014, the system wasn't checking the validity of the RFC#s? Bizarre.

Best to copy and paste, my office RFC has an I and we remind people it isnt a 1.

They are still modifying their system

Archived