Chapala.com Webboard

new tires

I wantedt 4 "exotics" that are $2,080 USD, not including mounting and balance,in Texas.in Guadalajara I found them for 22,000 pesos. Ended up betting them at the tire shop on the Libramiento for 16;800 pesos installed andbalanced. Michellin high speeds.

There is no one there to speak English but no big deal, just write down the size and type and show them your note if you are linquisticaly challenged.

Nice people, also have an outlet in Jocotopec. Worth your while to check out.

I recently needed new tires on our SUV - a specific Michelin tire. I checked prices in Guadalajara at a couple of chains, on-line at major chains in Texas and the Michelin dealer on the Libramiento. The shop on the Libramiento was virtually identical in price to what could be had in Texas. Only problem I found is that nobody in the Chapala area has the special equipment needed to re-calibrate the tire pressure sensors (TPMS) on the newer vehicles so I ended up buying them in Texas.

True, on the newer cars produced in the past couple of years (such as 2013-14 Hondas) but not on this vehicle. You need to use a TPMS Calibrator on the older models when the systems first appeared. This is a 2006 Ford Explorer with the Lear sensors.

Archived