Chapala.com Webboard

Again Bullying at Restaurants and dogs....

elmosquita

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before it turned into a debate on allowing dogs in restaurants, this thread was about the unacceptably rude behavior of an expat woman. No matter how you feel about dogs in restaurants (and, in Jalisco, it remains against the law) the woman was offensive, insulting and an embarrassment to herself. Let us not forget that.

It is an interesting commentary on our experiences down here with Mexican nationals and foreigners. In 7 years living here I have NEVER seen a Mexican behave in the way described in the OP, curse at service people, or make a spectacle of themselves in a public place. I wish I could say the same about foreigners. So, yes, the scene as described to me can only have been a foreigner.

True enough about the F-bomb, but I have witnessed very rude behavior towards waiters by what appear to be quite well to do Mexicans. And many local folks will tell you that rich Mexicans are very rude to service people. Maybe not cussing at them rude, but more like "I'm waaaaay better than you", demanding and demeaning, rude.

I'm sure that even if the conversation had been in Spanish, the OP would have translated it for the general reader here. :)

In my experience of anecdotal incidents of "Mexican people" acting rude in public places, it has been to what degree of inebriation has been reached as often as it is the "who's in what economic stratum".

A recent graduation event/dinner/dance, with over 5,000 people in attendance, of a prominent prep school in Guadalajara at the Expo Center convinced me of that. LOL

I love your restaurant, please know that all of us in the village are familiar with those "ugly" natured people who make life unpleasant here. We know better than to listen to them, from our own experience with your wonderful food and lovely place. So no worries, these people come and go but your loyal customers are still here<:}

Archived