Chapala.com Webboard

Again Bullying at Restaurants and dogs....

elmosquita

Dear friends, I hardly ever complain about costumers and critics to my business, El Jardin de Ninette, but today I had a terrible expierience, so I think we should comment on this matter.

Im not sure if every one knows how hard is for the restaurqnt business these days, or the last year for the industry in the Chapala region, but it has been really tough for must of us, we all need our costumers and their money, and it seems thar must of us are barely surviving, although, this matter doesnt make us less of a person than the rest of the population, neither stupids, most of the times we are just under trained or lacking of money, not stupid. Im talking on my behalf, but Ill bet must of my competion might agree.

Anyways, today I had a costumer who walked into Jardin de Ninette with her partner and dog, then Fernando, our captain, told her do not alloud dogs in the restaurant or B&B, and she called him because of that reason stupid, I was standing next to her, and she then said, "Im sure you need money, and I have money, but since I dont have any place to leave my dog, i Wont give you any of my money, you are so stupid."

Then, I walked out of the kitchen to see what her problem was, she insulted me with the F word, i asked her to send an email to Secretaria de Salud, and she said " come on! No one respects the law in this country" She concluded with another F insult to me and my staff, not without saying that she woukd tell about this incident to ALL her friends.

So basically I hope you understand, we all do our best according to our education, budget and talent, we try to serve as good as we can! I just believe our work can be subject of critics, but we still deserve your respect.

Yes, we need your money, and yes we are short on that matter, still that shouldnt give the right to anybody to ve disrespectfull or the feel superior to anyone.

Respect.

Oscar Perez Nafarrate

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so sorry, Oscar. This is an instance when I am so embarrassed to be a foreigner here. Most of us are not like this person and we do not want to be lumped together with people like these.

You did the right thing in not allowing this behavior. I know the people adore their dog and forget that many are allergic and they are causing harm to other patrons and that is part of the reason for the law to be enacted. I too, am embarrassed by the customers treatment of you and your staff. Please know that no matter where one has a business, there will be people who insult and ruin the day for hard working people like you and yours. Look ahead and know most support you and your efforts to operate in a first class manner.

Now, make this a good day, yesterday is gone, tomorrow is coming.

All the best to you.

Oscar, I know you are one of the good and kind people and don't deserve this kind of treatment. If this ever happens again, PLEASE take a picture of the person and put it on Facebook so we all can avoid this person.

Recently, a similar event happened to a Lucky Dog volunteer at the Riberas dog food store. However, we can't identify the man or we would have filed a denucio and complaint to Migracion.

People like this need to be identified and there are steps to correct and/or eliminate their behavior or them!

mexicans are such kind and loving people and should not be exposed to this ugleness!!!

Oscar, we love you and your family. We are so sorry this happened to you. I doubt if she will seriously affect your business and

I would bet tons of her money she does not live here year round like some of us who will continue to spread the word about your

wonderful food and ambience and keep you going April through September.

I wish someone could post a list of restuarants where dogs are allowed inside, so that i can avoid going there. Congratulations

Oscar, for keeping your cool with the ugly woman and keeping a sanitary restaurant, good for you!

There is such a list pinned to the top of this forum.

The woman sounds like the iconic "ugly American," and is an embarrassment to all who claim civility. Chef, my wife and I found your wonderful restaurant at the end of our August-October Ajijic visit, and were privileged to be very frequent diners, including for the celebration of our wedding anniversary. We are so very sorry that Fernando and you were abused by that poor example of a human being, hope that your experience with one "rotten apple" will not ruin your taste buds(!), and wish you every success.

If we are able to return to your beautiful community, you will certainly find us regularly seated at the Mariachi table!

I wouldn't' worry about her telling her many friends. Her attitude and actions indicate she probably doesn't have any. In case she does you are better off without them as well.

Unfortunately there is a small handfull of people like this around here, we have experienced the same sense of entitlement. It's trustrating and offensive, but fortunately it's a very few and usually only this time of year. Sometimes it's hard not to cheer out loud when someone like this makes the threat of "I'll never come here again".

The woman sounds like the iconic "ugly American," and is an embarrassment to all who claim civility. Chef, my wife and I found your wonderful restaurant at the end of our August-October Ajijic visit, and were privileged to be very frequent diners, including for the celebration of our wedding anniversary. We are so very sorry that Fernando and you were abused by that poor example of a human being, hope that your experience with one "rotten apple" will not ruin your taste buds(!), and wish you every success.

If we are able to return to your beautiful community, you will certainly find us regularly seated at the Mariachi table!

Or ugly Canadian.

I wish someone could post a list of restuarants where dogs are allowed inside, so that i can avoid going there. Congratulations

Oscar, for keeping your cool with the ugly woman and keeping a sanitary restaurant, good for you!

Frankly, I've never seen dogs behave as poorly as some humans.

Wow! Nobody should have to endure that kind of abuse. It's your restaurant and your rules. My apologies for the "ugly" person no matter what their nationality.

One day, somewhere in Mexico, she will break a rule or a law and be fined, jailed or deported. Hope that thought puts a smile back on your face.

I wish someone could post a list of restaurants where dogs are allowed inside, so that i can avoid going there. Congratulations

There is a list of dog friendly restaurants pinned to the top of this forum.

Oscar, on behalf of all of the polite and reasonable dog owners lakeside, I apologize. I like Ninette, but rarely eat there because it just isn't handy for me. However, because of this person, I vow I will eat there twice in the next 6 weeks. Once to make up for the mean woman, and once to make up for one of her "many" friends who won't be eating there either.

Before their move I ate there quite regularly. There was even a surprise b-day party held there for me. The old place was pet friendly and it was appreciated. I understand and respect why the new place is not. I admit it has just not been on my radar for a while. I vow to eat there soon and ask for a "doggie bag"!

Sounds like the bitchy lady has brought you a lot of new business but I don't feel you need to thank her for it. Just enjoy it.

Senor Nafarrate, I am so sorry that you had to endure this kind of abuse! I have been there several times, and each time, the meals have been superb! I would class your restaurant as 'fine dining', and definitely not the type of place where people should bring dogs! Why would this woman even think that an enclosed seating restaurant would allow dogs? She obviously is the 'stupid' one, not you!

I look forward to my next visit!

I normally wouldn't respond to this thread as I have never eaten in this restaurant, but I applaud the owner for standing up to principle and not being bullied by this person. I will also make a point of eating there In the future, just to make up for the lost business.

In Guadalajara, I will give you a peso for every sit down, inside seated restaurant that you find a dog, if you will give me a centavo for everyone that doesn't, and I will be money ahead. Like GDL, Ajijic is still Jalisco, so what's the difference?......hmmmm, I will have to think about that one.

Archived