Chapala.com Webboard

Anyone seen UFO's in Lake area? I watch them every night. Looking for the lady who was at the Chapala Rotary first event and spoke to Jimmy Barto about coming to her house. She sees them go into and come out of the Lake, had invited him to view anytime. Would like to gather a group and discuss what everyone has seen.

I have heard the same story from a resident in Chapala Haciendas that she has seen UFO's hovering over the lake. It happens around 2am when she awakens and looks out her window with a clear view of the lake. She also said that sometimes they dissapear into the lake!

maw

• Like 2

What is happening here is bullying. This is a community web board. Members of the community should be able to communicate on it without being ridiculed. Start another thread concerning your feelings about UFOs if you must share and leave the OP alone.

• Like 5

I lived in San Luis Soyatlan, on the South side of the lake for over ten years. From my, large and private, back yard

I watched many UFO,S at night and i do not drink alcoholic beverages. I had no view of the lake from my back yard

but i know a well educated, professional man who told me that he has seen one entering the lake.

I would like to see it for myself and i appreciate the positive reports here. To the ones asking about Tequila etc. I

would suggest that perhaps it is only non drinkers who are alert enough to observe the sky and the beauty of it....

I once had a habit of looking at the bottom of a bottle myself and i dont remember seeing any UFOS while drunk.

One would think that in a lake as shallow and with a muddy bottom, something entering the water would be easy to locate. That said, you'd have to be at the right place and right time in the dark. Have their ever been UFO hunters in the area? Maybe one day the lake will be a topic of discussion on one of those UFO shows.....

We, too, have seen them hovering over the lake. When we lived at Lomas del Manglar our house was at the top of the hill facing the lake. We saw them hovering on a couple of occasions, just hovering, red lights surrounding the object, totally silent. They hovered for awhile and then just quickly moved to the left and totally disappeared in a flash, again, totally silent. It was an amazing sight. I wrote about them on this board several years ago, guess whatever, whoever, they are, they are still there.

• Like 1

Interesting topic.

I have always wanted to see a UFO, but have never been lucky .

Back in the 90's , I had a friend in GUAD from a amateur astronomers gazing group who regularly visited the hills above Mezcala and he told me they saw UFOs entering the lake, funny thing is they were amateur astronomers and looking for UFOs on purpose.

Someone sends up those paper balloons occasionally. I've seen them several times between 2 and 3am. There's also some people that have those quad rotor toys that fly them occasionally over the lake.

The first time I saw the balloons, they really looked weird. With my telescope, I could see the flicker of the flames.

I don't think we are being invaded by aliens, just snowbirds.

• Like 1

Based on what?

Reason. There probably aren't any Unidentified flying objects here or anywhere else as virtually always someone has identified or explained them. People that say they are unidentified just aren't aware that they have been identified.

Since not all sightings are reported and some are not even talked about outside closed circles, it is not possible to say that "virtually always" they are identified or explained. Some people believe in UFOs or at least in the possibility and some people don't. Why can' t we leave it at that?

I like you wanted to see a UFO. Little did I know I was seeing them! With my really good binoculars I witnessed them flashing themselves, red, white, possibly green. (I know, Mexican colors!). They are here every night. I have non-believers come and see them, now they believe. Sorry, they aren't balloons with flames, or anything anyone has every seem. I have watched them gather before a really bad storm (6) flash themselves, then 3 disappeared so fast you can't believe it. What they are I don't know, but I want to know more. Anyone up for some detective work?

Since not all sightings are reported and some are not even talked about outside closed circles, it is not possible to say that "virtually always" they are identified or explained. Some people believe in UFOs or at least in the possibility and some people don't. Why can' t we leave it at that?

How do you know "not all sightings are reported and some are not even talked about outside closed circles"?

Of those reported virtually always they are identified or explained by someone somewhere.

I have a friend who recently purchased a drone, It's power source is a battery that can provide power for 25 minutes of fast maneuvering or somewhat more for more gentle flights. It is designed to carry a camera or say an iPhone. He has a great time using the drone at night pointing it and the cell phone in a certain direction and then turning off and on via remote the iPhone LED light that can also be used when taking videos or pictures at night.

Now that light is not that bright but apparently he has been able to have a great time fooling some of us who want to believe that we are being visited by folks from outer space.

He was hoping that I had room in my luggage to bring another drone down which when packaged weighs 8 pounds and fits in a box measuring 8.5 by 13+ by 15 inches Oh, the 8 pound included the weight of the box and insulating material. So these things must be really light when unpacked.

Check them out on line. They are quite small, have all kinds of abilities and could be great fun for taking pictures or making your neighbors believe there are even more UFOs out there..

\

EDIT: per CNET

"Drones or unmanned systems were so plentiful at the CES 2015 electronics show that they got their own section on the show floor."

• Like 1