Chapala.com Webboard

Simapa water bills

bmw1150rt

They've figured out they can charge whatever they want. In thirteen years, my bill has gone up very little once they tried and when i fought it they said they were coming to inspect. They never came and the bill didn't go up. taxes next blowup when they figure it out.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in a Condo and pay a quarterly water fee to the condo association. But have also been paying an annual fee to Simapa that i understood was for sewer. Am i mistaken. Does every home pay a sewer fee?

You are not mistaken. Not everyone has sewer, most have, or had, septic. So yes, you pay SIMAPA for sewage and if you have a condo situation you pay them for water and they pay SIMAPA. In the latter situation it would behoove the Condo Association to have meters on each house. I would expect the fee, installed, to be under 2000 pesos for the meter in this situation.

The young lady who researched my bill is at the Chapala office (the old CFE office) and she told me that I would get a discount if I showed a permanente card. Perhaps you need to ask her before she gives it to you. One of my Mexican friends who accompanied me got all the gory details from her.

As to the question of price per whatever of water neither I nor my gardener could see that listed on the receipt. I know that, though I paid it yesterday, I did not receive the 50% discount that is listed on the receipt. Why would they put that on the receipt (Desc. 50%followed by 0.00 on my receipt) if someone wasn't eligible for it? I get my permanente (I hope) in 2016 and I will be sure to ask about it in two languages (unfortunately neither are Spanish) and I'll bring my Mexican friend to rattle the cage about it (he does rattle cages when he thinks someone is not doing their job properly).

Eagles, I suspect your husband got a discount for paying early. Everyone gets that if they pay early.

I was of the understanding part of the discount was because he's Permanente and part was for paying early.

He got a total of 15% discount; I checked last year's bill and did the calculation.

How much discount do you get for paying early? 10% ?

My 2014 says

discounto 50% 0

bonificaciones an amount which is 15% of the total bill

and IVA is added.

THe discount is for early payment not for the INAPAM car which I had and not for citizenship either and (even less for permanentes).

Unless they do not apply the rules accross the boaed there was no 50% discounts for Mexican citizens over 60. The discount was for early payment. I speak Spanish so there is misunderstanding on that bill.

This for Chapala. SIMAPA

Yes of course you are correct but the majority of people still use IFE, INE is a recent development. either way you have to be a Mexican citizen to have one.

I have a IFE and I was told I did not need to change it.

You are correct. You do not have to change it until the old one expires.

For residents of the Municipio of Chapala, you have to renew your card at the INE office in Jocotepec.

I think is a waste of time trying to make sense of Simapa billing.

A couple of years ago they presented me with a bill that was MUCH higher than the previous year. When I told them I wouldn't pay that much, the señorita went into the back room and returned with another bill, almost the same as the previous year. I said OK, I'll pay that one.

I embark on this years adventure next week.

A couple of years ago they presented me with a bill that was MUCH higher than the previous year. When I told them I wouldn't pay that much, the señorita went into the back room and returned with another bill, almost the same as the previous year. I said OK, I'll pay that one.

I was at the waer company this morning. They told me the discount of 15% was in effect until March 1 not February 1. You may want to check but that is what I was told this morning.

My bill went up 3 % no big deal.

They have the schedule for payments paosted downstairs.

The big change is that people with more than 250m2 od garden will have to get a meter. Meter installed

1500 pesos.

The meter will be read and due each month starting in 2016 for those who want to pay this year as billed or you have to get a meter.

You can arrange to leave a deposit if you do not want to have to go and pay each month. The bank cannot pay the water directly like they do with CFE so one more thing to do ..

The meter is only for people with more than 250 m2 of garden.

I have had a meter since 2008 in upper Ajijic. Why? Because a SIMAPA representative came up as I was completing the house and I understood him to say that I had to have one. (Apparently I misunderstood him, because he told my property manager that I told him I wanted to have one.)

Well, anyway as a result thereof I have been much more careful about conserving water than before. And apparently the consumption of water goes down in most cases as water meters are installed.

So as much as I hated having to pay for a water meter, if that's what it takes for all of us to conserve water, I think it's a great idea. Heck in the old days you would hear stories about Guadalajara weekenders coming out and emptying and then refilling their pools to clean the water rather than running a pool filter.

I do not mind the water meter either , you pay for what you use so you can control that cost . Yes we

need to conserve water and that may help although most people with very large properties have well and use he water to water.

I just ordered a meter and that is it, I am not going to worry about it we can alway have a xeriscape if we do not like the price of the water.

Heck in the old days you would hear stories about Guadalajara weekenders coming out and emptying and then refilling their pools to clean the water rather than running a pool filter.

So true. In Riberas I lived across from a weekend Tapatio who emptied his rooftop pool every weekend. It poured onto the street for hours. And there are laws forbidding exactly that.

Nothing will change if the offenders do not have a meter and if they have a garden less than 250m3 they

do not have to have a meter.

Yes there are laws against that but they are not enforced.

If all the leaky toilets and hoses would be fixed right there a lot of water would be saved.

I was of the understanding part of the discount was because he's Permanente and part was for paying early.

He got a total of 15% discount; I checked last year's bill and did the calculation.

How much discount do you get for paying early? 10% ?

Oops the discount percentage I had quoted was for 2013.

On our 2014 Simapa bill, these are the discounts:

Desc. 50% - $720.59 (this isn't actually 50% of the total bill - not sure on what amount they calculate it)

Bonificationes: $408.64

I'm figuring the 50% was for being Permanente.

Oops the discount percentage I had quoted was for 2013.

On our 2014 Simapa bill, these are the discounts:

Desc. 50% - $720.59 (this isn't actually 50% of the total bill - not sure on what amount they calculate it)

Bonificationes: $408.64

I'm figuring the 50% was for being Permanente.

I paid my water bill today and it went from 1504.74 last year to 2265.51 this year. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's about a 50% increase!!

Archived