Chapala.com Webboard

A new LCS course: 'The Wine, Beer and Spirits of Mexico'

suegarn

Running a extensive program like this is not easy and stuff does happen down here that makes it harder. I hope they try again another time and learn some of the lessons the first try created. As I said before I could only get about half of the baseball games sold. I now know what we did wrong and will fix it for next season. I decide like you how to spend my money. I never thought it was too expensive just too expensive for me. I don't live in Beverly Hill either but I don't care that others can afford to and I hope they try again.

Meanwhile, Padre Kino to the rescue!

And let us not forget Chauvenet: the house wine of choice for too many local restaurants. Cheers!

But seriously, I can see where having a course in wine appreciation at a lower cost with less extras might be popular. I don't know about limiting it to Mexican wines, which many people think aren't up to the standards of the wines of California, Chile, and Spain, for a few examples.

But then, price really doesn't tell the story. My favorite tale is the one where the CA la-de-da State blind tasting event had good old Two Buck Chuck entered.......and won. Some very red faces resulted.

Mexican beer, however, is wonderful !!

I am not kidding about Padre Kino. A decade ago, it was pretty rough, but now it is a very acceptable red; very smooth, and better than many much more expensive red table wines.

I've never tried Padre Kino, so will make no judgments.

But, FYI, I spent many years in "Whine Country" in California, knew the people who produced the wines and have heard on good authority that some of those producers add chemicals to their wines to make them taste better and smoother. As you may have noticed, the lobbyists of the the wine industry have succeeded in making wines exempt from the regulations applied to all other items for human consumption and therefore, there is no list of ingredients on the bottle. Something to think about. I like to know what I'm consuming.

Archived