Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for a great massage person

afgh

What are the prices like. I stopped going to Total Body Care as they charge to 300 pesos. I paid 26 dollars in Boise Idaho in November. I know places here that are well over that and others well under. Just curious as to where best to put my pension dollars.

What are the prices like. I stopped going to Total Body Care as they charge to 300 pesos. I paid 26 dollars in Boise Idaho in November. I know places here that are well over that and others well under. Just curious as to where best to put my pension dollars.

$26 in Boise? I've never heard of a full body massage that cheap! Maybe if you were just getting a neck and shoulder rub?

Lupe is a professional and even continues taking courses and courses in homeopathic. He gives you the type of massage you need not just a "lala". Why would anybody go somewhere when it's so nice and relaxing to get it in your own home? He was charging me $150p/hr and after a few years of that I now offered him $160 which he reluctantly accepted. He is less if you want to go to his office in Chapala.

I join with behnwau!

I have also used Lupe for several years.

I have a standing appointment twice a week for 1 1/2 hours in my home.

I pay the same as above plus $50 MX for each home visit.

Also. Kenya gives a great 45 minute foot massage for $90 MX.

If you are interested, PM me with your phone number which I will pass on to her.

We too use Lupe and have for over six years. He comes to my casita every Thursday and we have a group of regulars that come at their specified times. Last Nov he increased his price to $160 p per hour...that does not even cover the tax he now pays. He has a large number of regulars and that is the way he likes it. He knows he can count on us.

I hope you can get an appointment with him to try him.

I book out of town guests with Body Works since Lupe is usually too busy.

Guest bennie2

angel from "total body care" if shes still there. i paid her to come to my house. also for extra time (1 1/4- 1 1/2 hrs). she would come after 6pm. everything was written down for her, what not to do & what to work on. she did everything including fingers & toes. it was worth paying more. sorry its been a few years, have no idea what her home visit would cost.

I have a standing appt. with Kenia for Reflexology also and since I have been using her my feet do not hurt anymore.

765-5015

333-390-2876

She speaks pretty good English and so does her husband if he answers the phone.

angel from "total body care" if shes still there. i paid her to come to my house. also for extra time (1 1/4- 1 1/2 hrs). she would come after 6pm. everything was written down for her, what not to do & what to work on. she did everything including fingers & toes. it was worth paying more. sorry its been a few years, have no idea what her home visit would cost.

Angie is still there, 766-2279

I had my first of weekly appts. with Lilly at the Hotel Perico yesterday. She's marvelous. It's very therapeutic and not a "feel good" massage and she's very skilled. I was used to a two hour massage in the past, but she did a total body with extra emphasis on a knotted shoulder in one hour for 350 pesos.

She doesn't speak english, but I wasn't there for a conversation. Never did talk much naked from what I remember.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Lupe massage, see my new comment at end of thread.

I guess he doesn't go up much for old clients, but the new pay a lot?

Lupe is a professional and even continues taking courses and courses in homeopathic. He gives you the type of massage you need not just a "lala". Why would anybody go somewhere when it's so nice and relaxing to get it in your own home? He was charging me $150p/hr and after a few years of that I now offered him $160 which he reluctantly accepted. He is less if you want to go to his office in Chapala.

I have been looking for a massage in home person for some time. So I decided to try Lupe. If good, I'd have him come regularly.

I had an in home (Ajijic) massage with Lupe Jan / 2015. He charged 200.00 x 2 (said there was a discount for two in home, and normally charges 220.00 per person) The price was disappointing after having read this here. New clients pay much more?

The massage was very LIGHT (VS. any deep tissue) I gave him a 10% tip on top of that, and will find another person for home massage that can do a firmer (deep tissue for back) massage. PS I did request deep tissue on certain areas, and it was not that type of massage.

After our massage, I worked on my husband to relax his tight muscles... which were not helped. My massaging him, reduced that tension greatly, where the massage therapist didn't. Massaging him regularly (because his shoulder will take time to come to itself) , is work for my shoulders (leaves me sore). Thus, I am still looking for that massage therapist!!!!

Re: Lupe massage, see my new comment at end of thread.

I guess he doesn't go up much for old clients, but the new pay a lot?

Not so. I have used him for many years,3 times a week and he gives me a quantity discount here in Chapala not Ajijic which is further from his home. Perhaps your communication was not understood even though his English is good. He gives me any kind of massage I ask for or as a professional what he deems necessary for the problem at hand. Back to his price;his charge is still a lot less than what others charge to go to their business location.

I just wanted to point out to Portimom (who thought new clients pay "much more") that the difference between what Lupe regularly charges was just 60 pesos more than the long-time client pays. He then took 20 pesos off each massage because there were two in the same house.

That 60 pesos is about $4 US more than an existing client pays for a one-hour massage. With the quantity discount, the charge was around $2.50 US more. Considering also that Lupe traveled to Ajijic to do the in-home massages, there is no way I would consider that Portimom paid "much more" as a new client.

• Like 1

I just wanted to point out to Portimom (who thought new clients pay "much more") that the difference between what Lupe regularly charges was just 60 pesos more than the long-time client pays. He then took 20 pesos off each massage because there were two in the same house.

That 60 pesos is about $4 US more than an existing client pays for a one-hour massage. With the quantity discount, the charge was around $2.50 US more. Considering also that Lupe traveled to Ajijic to do the in-home massages, there is no way I would consider that Portimom paid "much more" as a new client.

Ah, so Ajijic runs a bit more due to being further from him. Thanks for that info!

Quite frankly, if the massage had helped either of us, as in a deep tissue massage... I would have continued, despite that being more.

I just felt I should be responsible in posting my feedback. When someone is in need of deep tissue, they wait for their massage day eagerly, for it really makes a world of a difference. I hope that this feedback helps others like myself, who are trying to find the right massage therapist!

Just to clarify, I said:

"With the quantity discount, the charge was around $2.50 US more. Considering also that Lupe traveled to Ajijic to do the in-home massages, there is no way I would consider that Portimom paid "much more" as a new client"

I took into consideration Lupe having to go into Ajijic when noting that Portimom paid just $2.50 dollars more than a long-time Chapala customer said he paid. I did not say Lupe charged more because he went to Ajijic. In fact, 250 pesos for an in-home massage is standard around here.