Chapala.com Webboard

legalizing US car - update please

JayBearII

My comment was in jest, as aduana doesn't do any nationalizing at the airport, only customs agents there receive papers to ship to the border, I was being funny with my suggestion that Sonia receive papers at taco stands so that people could be like the others, some could say they nationalized at the airport and others at the taco stand and they would both be right!

My comment was in jest, as aduana doesn't do any nationalizing at the airport, only customs agents there receive papers to ship to the border, I was being funny with my suggestion that Sonia receive papers at taco stands so that people could be like the others, some could say they nationalized at the airport and others at the taco stand and they would both be right!

Spencer, knowing you, I took it as teasing and certainly not offended. We respect and appreciate all you do.

sincerely

Sonia

At least for you?

Your self promotion and advertising on this board is quite something,I'm surprised that the moderators allow it.

It seems Sonia was "shot down" for doing exactly this (marketing services) on Mexconnect this morning.

Sonia, you can buy advertising in the Guadalajara Reporter, like the other facilitators do. Either that, or the moderators can invite them all to come on board and hawk their services.

Funny same same three people try to bully me and all 3 have Mexican wives and partners. Insecure?

Viva Mexico

Sonia

Sonia - have you seen the documentary "Cowboy Del Amor" that will explain a lot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B18McMEmsD4

From Rotten Tomatoes:

One man turns marriage into a multinational business proposition in this documentary. Ivan Thompson, who spent much of his life working ranches in New Mexico, calls himself "the Cowboy Cupid" and earns a living playing matchmaker, though his clientele is rather unusual -- he finds Mexican brides for American bachelors, most of whom consider the women in their own country too demanding and not suitably subservient. Thompson looks for prospective wives through personal ads in newspaper and visiting small Mexican towns, where he discovers that plenty of women are willing to take a shot at marriage with a Yankee whom they barely know if it means a green card and a roof over their head. Thompson gets a 3,000-dollar fee for bringing these couples together, though his own success in matrimony isn't much to brag about -- he's had three weddings, two to the same woman, and none of which have lasted. Cowboy del Amor was screened in competition at the 2005 South by Southwest Film Festival.

Sonia, can you please elaborate on "the new and very different process for nationalizing cars already in Mexico" that Aduana told you about at your meeting with them on January 9?

Thank you.

On another thread in Customs and Immigration (Intercasa) Spencer kindly posted the process at the border which states 8 and 9 year old vehicles, emissions test, stolen report, export and then import, etc. He also posted the link to the actual law.

Elsewhere I noted at least one person wrote me this past week and stated no Canadian cars and at least 10 days at Nogales to nationalize.

My process has been the same for 19 months. What I and likely at least a very few others do is we nationalize through an amparo (injunction). In this time I and as noted a few others have legally nationalized cars with no driving to the border. Of the 6 photos required one is in front of an OXXO proving vehicle is in Mexico. Other requirements are scan of title front and back, scan of an utility bill and scan of a MX driver's license front and back. I can nationalize 2009 and older including classics, plus RV's, motorcycles, even boats and most any trailer. At the border normally nothing but cars and nmaybe only the years Spencer noted.

Another person CeeZee reported they are nationalizing through a person in Manzanillo where that person lives. I am sure process is very similar. Plates do not come and should never come when nationalizing. That is a separate process to be done after documents arrive and state licensing office called Rentas inspect the vehicle. Spencer has helped my clients get Jalisco plates.

So, not to repeat myself, but comparing the border process vs virtual process they are very different. But please note, the person who does the actual nationalizing must be an approved broker in both scenarios.

In the end a pedimento is issued by Aduana and a factura by the broker.

Virtual process is slow and with the right person legal and proven.

I will stress there has been lots of fraud in this process including at the border. Therefore Aduana basically shut down for almost 4 months and only started again in past week. I have several waiting.

Non-NAFTA cars can not be nationalized for several months and not likely any time soon.

Hope this helps.

Sonia

Thank you. I have a 2001 NAFTA vehicle that should be nationalized, but will not drive it to the border. I have or can do the things you mentioned. I understand that emissions testing, inspection and license plates would not be included in virtual nationalization.

Four questions, please.

Is the amparo you are using valid in Jalisco?

What happens to my car when the amparo is lifted or expires?

What is the approximate cost of virtual nationalization?

What are the drawbacks to using this process rather than taking vehicle to border?

The amaparo is national allowing one to nationalize in the manner I noted wherever is the vehicle. Once documents go to Aduana your vehicle will be nationalized and status of amparo not a factor. Approx cost is 20,000 pesos but with VIN and knowing if registered in US or Canada will determine exact cost. Aduana charges more for a Canadian vehicle as odd as it is. The minus is it is slow as in 3 plus months but that time may change when Aduana gets its' act together.

saludos

Sonia

Sonia

You are a class act even with a few people bullying you. Don't pay any attention those who live their lives under a cloud of negativity. You are offering a great service just in answering questions on this board for no $...just like Spencer. I have 2 Mexican plated cars and don't need your services, but if I did I would certainly contact you.

Dear Readers: I continue receiving

your questions about how to

permanently import a used vehicle

into Mexico, since President Peña

Nieto is extending the Executive Order

regulating the permanent importation

of used vehicles through December

31, 2015 —Executive Order that was

originally issued in 2011 and it has

been extended twice before—, it is

pertinent to detail the rules again; with

my apologies to those of you who are

sick and tired of this subject (I promise

that I will not write about this again

unless the rules change).

The only major change in this respect

is that the Supreme Court has been

consistently invalidating the amparos

under which many individuals and

organizations had been by-passing

the rules. In fact, several judges who

granted those amparos and other

corrupt authorities have been indicted.

Customs is aggressively

investigating individuals and

businesses importing used vehicles

outside legal channels.

The Supreme Court has also ruled

that the extended Executive Order does

not infringe on the rights afforded by

articles 14 and 133 of the Constitution,

ordering that any amparos against this

Executive Order may not be granted

by the court system.

The rules, requisites and procedure

to legally permanently import

(nationalize) a qualifying used vehicle

to Mexico remain the same:

The vehicle must be imported at

Mexican Customs in a US/Mexico

border crossing point or commercial

port (the closest commercial port

to PV is Manzanillo), through a

pedimento (import petition) made by

a Customs Broker, licensed to practice

at that location, who will determine the appropriate tax classification of

your vehicle.

Luis Melgoza

Is a former PRI (Mexico’s ruling party)

Head Counsel and Legal Adviser to the

Mexican Congress. Although retired

from the legal profession, he is a highly

respected consultant for both the foreign

and Mexican communities in Puerto

Vallarta.

This was in last week's PV Mirror and I only post it to illustrate there are many opinions on this subject.

Let the buyer beware.

PS We don't even own a car so have no dog in the fight!

It seems Sonia was "shot down" for doing exactly this (marketing services) on Mexconnect this morning.

Sonia, you can buy advertising in the Guadalajara Reporter, like the other facilitators do. Either that, or the moderators can invite them all to come on board and hawk their services.

You want Spencer to stop giving us information also? He tells us what he charges as a facilitator. If Sonia was banned from Mexconnect for giving auto nationalizing information then Spencer should be banned. Why is it what he does is OK and what Sonia does is not?

As to person who stated I was "shot down" I am not banned much to the disappointment of a couple of people and my last post yesterday on MexConnect was answering Tony who owns the the web board. I seldom post on there.

For those who question amparos I just received 13 costs from Aduana and they are coming in at 20,000 to 24000 pesos to nationalize. No trips to border, no tolls, no restaurants and hotels, no gasoline, no stress, no waiting days at a border crossing. These include RV's and Canadian vehicles which I believe can not be done at the border at this time.

I personally have met Aduana staff on several occasions in SMA as they photographed cars I was nationalizing. I am not sure how more real it gets.

I advise anyone interested, find the best option for you. It may mean going to the border or having others who do this virtually. Please check references, costs, processes and validate as much as possible. Ask who is protecting your money. Do not hesitate to compare. Contact Spencer and ask if he has registered vehicles that have been nationalized and were the documents legit. Contact CeeZee on this web board and ask about the person helping in Manzanillo.

If anyone has questions on this subject please PM me. The moderators have been kind in allowing my posts. And a special "thank you" to Spencer for his contributions on this subject and so many others.

sincerely

Sonia

Quoted from Joco: it's because you don't know your place, pregnant, barefoot and in the kitchen.

I am sure everyone finds that comment Extremely offensive. If that person is not banned, then it is a very sad day for this forum

CeeZee - would it help you to know that Joco is a strong, independent, and very smart lady. She was being sarcastic. If you haven't met men who think this way, and praise the "traditional values" of Mexican women, over U.S. women (often calling them "feminazis") - well you have lived a very protected life.

Archived