Chapala.com Webboard

Taste of Thai closed

bdlngton

Ruben I had been reading the recent posts to the old ice cream thread and thought you were getting picked on, However just started reading this post as Taste of Thai was a favorite of ours and saw your rude and "condesending" post to use your word. What is with you? Just here to stir it up are you. BTW More Liana asked what your restaurants are in DF since that is where she lives. I noticed you didn't answer and wondered why that is? You just blowing smoke or what?

Anyway hubby got togo from Pien Thai last week. Same waitress as Taste of Thai and we ordered drunken noodles and green curry which were delish and very very similar to Taste of Thai . Don't know if it was the same chef or not but food was as good.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ruben I had been reading the recent posts to the old ice cream thread and thought you were getting picked on, However just started reading this post as Taste of Thai was a favorite of ours and saw your rude and "condesending" post to use your word. What is with you? Just here to stir it up are you. BTW More Liana asked what your restaurants are in DF since that is where she lives. I noticed you didn't answer and wondered why that is? You just blowing smoke or what?

Anyway hubby got togo from Pien Thai last week. Same waitress as Taste of Thai and we ordered drunken noodles and green curry which were delish and very very similar to Taste of Thai . Don't know if it was the same chef or not but food was as good.

Well, i didn't mean to be "condescending" or rude, i apologize, but reading posts that just "speculate" rather than give an honest review just gets on my nerve.

And even though a taste of thai didn't close due to bad reviews; the apparently new restaurant that is "speculated" to be worked by their former chef is somehow tainted by all this "speculation" how sad is that... not a nice way to start a new business, huh?

WOM is web, conversations and reviews, and yes, WOM will make or break a location; however i've seen a lot of posts that just talk about how many times has he relocated, management situation, etc... Pure "speculation" So a lot of people in this forum just gossip around and haven't even tried the restaurant, does that seem fair?

I'm glad FINALLY someone wrote "you know, i went to the new thai place, very similar flavors, everything was good"

Some restaurants may tend to be own by arrogant people and may not listen to their clients, but i don't find this the general rule; at least not in my experience. Last time i gave some constructive feedback to a manager that responded in arrogance had been at least 4 years ago, with a local restaurant being the exception (OH! and i got picked on by saying it on this board too!)

I'm a partner in a restaurant group that bought a couple of brands i developed, the most successful being El Japonez. you can check out the concept and cuisine at http://www.eljaponez.comindependently of my relationship with the restaurant i strongly suggest a visit LOL, it won't disappoint. Two other lesser known brands where sold to them too: a Mongolian Grill called Mongo and a creative standard cafeteria called El Ocho.

I started El Japonez in a small local in condesa that just sat about 50. Now there's 3 locations, two winning international architecture designs, and being considered in the top 5 Japanese cuisine restaurants in Mexico by Marco Beteta (one of the top food critics in mexico)

They hold plenty of events with Internations expat society, she should call the ambassador for Mexico City to get invited to one! they're really fun!

I came to Ajijic because i have some sort of "writers block" as i want to open new restaurants, but i have NO IDEA what new experience to create... so i'm taking a sabbatical. I'm stuck here for a year, and i hope i get my creative flame going... Not sure if it was a good idea to come here though (guess why)

You are so sensitive that a few posts by an infinitesimal percentage of the Lakeside community has you reconsidering your decision to live here? I am surprised that a high-powered business person such as yourself could design and develop restaurant chains and yet be so fragile and sensitive. I guess business people and customers in Mexico City are not as tough as a handful of retired expats on a web board.

You are so sensitive that a few posts by an infinitesimal percentage of the Lakeside community has you reconsidering your decision to live here? I am surprised that a high-powered business person such as yourself could design and develop restaurant chains and yet be so fragile and sensitive. I guess business people and customers in Mexico City are not as tough as a handful of retired expats on a web board.

HA, HA, HA,

Yeah, i'm reconsidering my decision on living here because of YOU Xena dear, and all of the guys here that have shown an evident lack of basic skills... You just love to jump to conclusions huh? I know you have the NEED to feel important, or just be heard; but im sorry, you or anyone of this forum are just not even on the radar for me, sorry to burst your bubble. (no offense to anyone else, but i haven't met anyone from here, so why should i care?)

You probably are the type of gringa that thinks she's gonna get shot as soon as you leave the airport in Mexico City (you know, the "We Americans are superior") kind of person; so jumping into conclusions, you probably haven't gone to Mexico City, have you?

Fortunately, and i hope you understand that a city with 20,000,000 people can't be compared with a town with 10,000. Fortunately Mexicans have in their DNA to be friendly, and they're the best critics you can have in your business; and if they're bitter people, at least they will yell the lungs out out IN YOUR FACE, and not just go home and write haha.

I'm GLAD you consider yourself a infinitesimal part of this community. Cause it's probably true: you just don't figure. How sad is that my dear warrior princess? even you admit that are infinitesimal, you don't bring anything, you don't stand out, you just don't matter.

Thank you for clearing that up!

Fun and nice people i consider friends told me to avoid this forum thanks to people like you, boy they where right!

Sorry Rubenfrias. I do not know why I jumped to the conclusion that you were reconsidering your decision about living here.

"I'm stuck here for a year, and i hope i get my creative flame going... Not sure if it was a good idea to come here though (guess why)" -- Rubenfrias, 6:54 p.m. Saturday

Sorry Rubenfrias. I do not know why I jumped to the conclusion that you were reconsidering your decision about living here.

"I'm stuck here for a year, and i hope i get my creative flame going... Not sure if it was a good idea to come here though (guess why)" -- Rubenfrias, 6:54 p.m. Saturday

Well you guessed wrong!

I thought living with fellow expats would be exciting, that's all. And after several months my creative flame is not really back... Just letting you know my reasons.

I don't take anon posters in a forum too serious, don't worry dear :D

" but im sorry, you or anyone of this forum are just not even on the radar for me, sorry to burst your bubble. (no offense to anyone else, but i haven't met anyone from here, so why should i care?)"

You sure spend a lot of time here on people who aren't even on your radar.

Archived