Chapala.com Webboard

Taste of Thai closed

bdlngton

Get a life people....sad that yet another place closed and for whatever reason .. but that is life in this village.

Things sort themselves out...and successful eateries have a few criteria that keep them successful.

Consistent good food (and not running out especially when they have advertised a 'special' or particular event), consistent good prices with understandable increases when necessary...and consistent good service and staff!!

Gossip....time we all got past that....at this stage of our lives........

In my opinion Taste of Thai met all of this criteria. I am sorry to see them close because I really liked their food. I am glad to see that there is another Thai restaurant in Ajijic besides Simply Thai to try. Hopefully it will be as good as Taste of Thai.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friends of ours had dinner at Pien Thai yesterday & say it was great. We'll be trying it on Tuesday. Apparently the chef is from Taste of Thai. Just sayin'.

Hmmmmmm...the plot thickens. If it is the same chef as the one at Taste of Thai then the food should be very good. Will have to try it out.

Hmmmmmm...the plot thickens. If it is the same chef as the one at Taste of Thai then the food should be very good. Will have to try it out.

I'm a little confused. Is this the same chef who didn't have the needed papers and that resulted in the closure of the Taste of Thai in the Laguna Mall?

Is it the same owner?

Anyone have the hours and days open of the Pien Thai new restaurant?

I'm a little confused. Is this the same chef who didn't have the needed papers and that resulted in the closure of the Taste of Thai in the Laguna Mall?

Is it the same owner?

Anyone have the hours and days open of the Pien Thai new restaurant?

I think we're all confused about the chef (s.)

As far as hours and days you can go to their website https://www.facebook.com/TepetateRestaurant?ref=profileand it says "closed now" and the "open tomorrow 12:00-9:00." They do have a phone number listed so you can always call.

do you honestly CARE if it's the same chef?

the plot of WHAT exactly thickens?

it's so sad some people have so little going on in their lives that they have to be looking around and gossiping about a place.

If you have a craving for a thai place since a taste of thai closed (like i currently have) give this place a try... if it's the same chef well, then the food is as good. If it's not; let's see if it meets the standards.

THE END

Rubenfrias has no natural curiosity about the relocation of chefs and possibly restaurants. Some of us see threads like this one as expressing curiosity and idle speculation. To Ruben it is a moral failing and must be stamped out. It does not occur to him that he could stop reading the posts of people who are annoying him by not living up to his standards. Instead, he prefers that everyone talk about restaurants the way he wants them talked about.

Rubenfrias has no natural curiosity about the relocation of chefs and possibly restaurants. Some of us see threads like this one as expressing curiosity and idle speculation. To Ruben it is a moral failing and must be stamped out. It does not occur to him that he could stop reading the posts of people who are annoying him by not living up to his standards. Instead, he prefers that everyone talk about restaurants the way he wants them talked about.

Amen to that and I still think he is writing on an empty stomach.

Yeah, i'm avoiding gossipy posts. I think there's a say for that: "no one likes a gossip"

And the place is really good btw!! now i have a full stomach again :)

I will open then another post to talk about my experience in the new Thai place, as this one is for "idle speculation" i guess...

Keep "speculating" but don't complain that restaurants in the area go out of business all the time, as it's clear you guys have part of the blame.

OH, thanks for telling us, Rubenfrias. Right, guys? We wouldn't have known otherwise how bad we are for a restaurant that caters to itself and not the public. Oh, but wait: isn't that what it's all about: voting with your dollars?

Please, do, start another useless thread on this topic. We'll find you wherever you go.

Yeah, i'm avoiding gossipy posts. I think there's a say for that: "no one likes a gossip"

And the place is really good btw!! now i have a full stomach again :)

I will open then another post to talk about my experience in the new Thai place, as this one is for "idle speculation" i guess...

Keep "speculating" but don't complain that restaurants in the area go out of business all the time, as it's clear you guys have part of the blame.

Not sure why we have part of the blame if a restaurant goes out of business. Restaurant critiques can actually help a restaurant if they care to pay attention to what patrons are says and make necessary changes. If you mean we cause restaurants to go out of business by not patronizing them, that's perhaps true. However I've noticed that some of my favorites have gone out of business even thought I have patronized them. Others I've never been to are still in business. Go figure!!

Glad to hear the Taste of Thai is open again.

I stopped by Casa Gourmet today and noticed that there were flyers for Pien Thai on the counter. I asked the person at the register (who gave me the impression he was the owner) if it was the same chef as Taste of Thai. He said yes, that the chef comes to his place to buy ingredients, and brought the flyers in. He also mentioned that this was the third or fourth place this chef has been at. Perhaps what was the Pien Social Club, then Taste of Thai, now PIen Thai.

Not sure why we have part of the blame if a restaurant goes out of business. Restaurant critiques can actually help a restaurant if they care to pay attention to what patrons are says and make necessary changes. If you mean we cause restaurants to go out of business by not patronizing them, that's perhaps true. However I've noticed that some of my favorites have gone out of business even thought I have patronized them. Others I've never been to are still in business. Go figure!!

Glad to hear the Taste of Thai is open again.

Well, you're right, however, a lot of posts in this forum are intended just to complain; and i could bet they didn't give any feedback to the owner or manager (that's my point)

If you talk to the restaurant management and give some constructive critique most of them will surely do their best; and if you give them i second chance the improvement will be evident. However, people in this forum tend to be more interested in "speculation"

Take this post for example, instead of being sad if they liked the place they're more invested on knowing what actually happened regarding the chef, speculating and such. That does not help any business, and honestly i don't know who would make time in their day to find out and "speculate"

A taste of thai is closed BTW, I "speculated" a little, since i upset some members of this forum and wanted to give them something to make their day more interesting.

Now we know it's close, a new one opened; apparently it's the same chef, and no one has pointed a review about this place, they just care if it's the same chef, why the other one closed, etc.

Most posts in this category of the web board are like this or bare similar comments;restauranteurs live out of good reviews and constructive critique, sadly, people in this community rather rage and "speculate" about a place, instead of being candid and help a guy that's trying to sell them a great experience... Go figure.

Trust me, most restauranteurs will take all the feedback possible if it gets through, and i don't think someone running a restaurant has a lot of time to check a web board... If they would just ask for the manager and say it directly... that would make a HUGE difference. But no, it's way more fun to destroy a restaurant online.

Well, you're right, however, a lot of posts in this forum are intended just to complain; and i could bet they didn't give any feedback to the owner or manager (that's my point)

If you talk to the restaurant management and give some constructive critique most of them will surely do their best; and if you give them i second chance the improvement will be evident. However, people in this forum tend to be more interested in "speculation"

Take this post for example, instead of being sad if they liked the place they're more invested on knowing what actually happened regarding the chef, speculating and such. That does not help any business, and honestly i don't know who would make time in their day to find out and "speculate"

A taste of thai is closed BTW, I "speculated" a little, since i upset some members of this forum and wanted to give them something to make their day more interesting.

Now we know it's close, a new one opened; apparently it's the same chef, and no one has pointed a review about this place, they just care if it's the same chef, why the other one closed, etc.

Most posts in this category of the web board are like this or bare similar comments;restauranteurs live out of good reviews and constructive critique, sadly, people in this community rather rage and "speculate" about a place, instead of being candid and help a guy that's trying to sell them a great experience... Go figure.

Trust me, most restauranteurs will take all the feedback possible if it gets through, and i don't think someone running a restaurant has a lot of time to check a web board... If they would just ask for the manager and say it directly... that would make a HUGE difference. But no, it's way more fun to destroy a restaurant online.

Could you kindly point out what has been said in this thread that would destroy a restaurant?

Complaints on a web board don't destroy a restaurant. Word of mouth, which can include a web board, makes or breaks a restaurant, and..........it's all about the food and service. Let's be realistic.

Sometimes the manager has an "attitude" which, basically, blames the victim when a complaint is made so that route isn't always effective..

"But no, it's way more fun to destroy a restaurant online."

Please explain how this thread destroyed a restaurant that was already closed when the thread began.

Also, do you have any idea what percentage of the Lakeside population reads the local web boards? Of that small percentage even fewer read the restaurant forums. Get things in perspective.

There are, in fact, many instances where I do not post a review of a bad experience, because I see the collective interest here more as a "sharing the news" about what we've learned by finding out about new and favored places. Bashing a place just for the sake of it? Not wanted. And those that frequent this forum and enjoying going out to eat pretty much share this POV, I think.

Heck, I can name off two fistsful of pretty poor places that are still going strong, no matter what anyone might have said here over the years.

Sparking up a "Taste of Thai is open again" story is strictly trolling, nothing more: unwarranted and unwanted.

Oh, and one last thing: for a guy who is so agitated about all us "speculartors", there sure is a lot of speculating about us, including generalizing that we are all the same. Get yer jollies elsewhere, Mr. Restaurant owner.

Archived