Chapala.com Webboard

Taste of Thai closed

bdlngton

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have any idea if it will open again? Can the owner get his immigration status sorted out?

Do you have any idea if it will open again? Can the owner get his immigration status sorted out?

No idea. I'm only reporting what the signs in the windows said when I went by today hoping to have one of my favorite dishes. I hope they do reopen as I liked their food.

I find it amazing that the owner would post such a thing. No one needs to know that kind of dirty laundry.

Exactly! Which probably means there is "more to the story", verdad?

I find it amazing that the owner would post such a thing. No one needs to know that kind of dirty laundry.

How would you suggest that the owner explain the closing,should they just put up a closed sign and not offer any explanation?

Yes. "Closed and thank you for your patronage". Why do we need to know when somebody closes a business, especially in an immigration situation?

I haven't read the sign,did it say it was a permanent closing or a temporary closing while the immigration situation is worked out?

The obvious questions are: Was the chef just a tourist, or was the restaurant registered with INM but failed to get him a ‘lucrativa‘ if he did have a proper visa? Where is the chef now? Where are the owners now?

I agree that there is probably a lot more to the story.....perhaps more than we will ever know.

The sign gave no indication as to whether they would reopen. Maybe that depends upon finding another Thai chef or this one's getting a work visa. It is too bad that the sign makes it look like somehow the chef is responsible for the closing of the restaurant. Certainly it is the owner's responsibility to make sure his staff can work legally, especially when one is not a native-born Mexican.

Well, I simply hope it can get worked out. Stuff like this happens here. Judge not lest ye be judged.

The obvious questions are: Was the chef just a tourist, or was the restaurant registered with INM but failed to get him a ‘lucrativa‘ if he did have a proper visa? Where is the chef now? Where are the owners now?

I agree that there is probably a lot more to the story.....perhaps more than we will ever know.

So you don't need to know why they closed but you do need to know what kind of Visa the chef had, where the owners are now, where is the chef now, and insist there must be something more salacious. The drama drummed up by a few very vocal people on this board never ceases to amaze me.

So you don't need to know why they closed but you do need to know what kind of Visa the chef had, where the owners are now, where is the chef now, and insist there must be something more salacious. The drama drummed up by a few very vocal people on this board never ceases to amaze me.

nomames, they have nothing better to do. so sad.

Hmmm... So bad it closed, it was one of my favorites...

And I agree, it's so sad apparently some people have nothing to do except gossip around here.

Who cares if the owners were aware of the immigration status of their chef... Honestly.

If you're not busy enough that you NEED to find out what really happened, I strongly suggest getting a hobby, crochet can be nice to start.

Some may have been overly curious but others are a little tired of places going out of business and the owners trying to lay blame on someone else, usually an employee.

That was my motivation for posting.

Well if you are tired of places going out of business maybe you should consider being thoughtful and putting nice stuff in forums like this... It's funny how most people here complain about a bad experience, while just a bunch write when something met and exceeded their expectations.

That's just my opinion, based on how the successful restaurants and shops around are like that because they also cater Mexicans. Like tango, for example.

As a community instead of just bitching about owners blaming it on the employees and wanting to gossip about it; write nice stuff about the places you like, visit them often, recommend them; if you have a bad experience try giving a second chance.

Some busineses fail because of poor management, many others fail because the people that visit them are just looking for something to complain. Surf the forum, prove me wrong.

This section exists for the purpose of discussing food and eating experiences, both good and bad. My experience is that there are a lot more good reviews posted than bad, sometimes to the point of giving the impression a place is better than it is.

Restaurants here fail for a number of reasons, being undercapitalized is probably the major one. The other common problem is that food and service quality may be allowed to deteriorate over time. Many of them also simply don't have enough tables to be economic.

I continue to be astounded at the number of restaurants Lakeside, particularly in and around Ajijic. I'm skeptical there there are sufficient diners to support them all.

it is true, i go by there everyday.....yesterday around 5 pm two waiters were standing outside..doors have been open since last thursday!!! i hope this doesnt develope into yet another simple question and answer becoming a farce for ignorant and rude comments from nobs ..

Am certainly not trying to be rude. Just reporting what I saw yesterday. I parked in front of it and then walked to Lago Taco for lunch. After that I went over to Dra. Martinez office to see if my dog's food had come in. They were not open. I wanted to get the car washed but the line was too long.

Simply Thai next to LCS is open but Taste of Thai appears to still be closed.

Archived