Chapala.com Webboard

Tianguis Days and Locations

sanditoes

Every tiangus is different - it's interesting to check them all out. Ajijic has local crafts and souvenirs and is obviously geared to

ex-pats as well as locals; Chapala's is bigger and has more second-hand clothes and practical household Ă­tems as well as lots of produce

and other food Ă­tems. I haven't been to Jocotepec's for over a year, but as I remember it is also quite big and more geared to the local

market. San Antonio's Tuesday market is very small.

And I am not really MoraAzul the newbie, I'm Wildrose but I managed to forget my password and lose access to the email linked with my webboard membership, so I gave up and reincarnated. <sigh>

I thought Joco was thursday? think San Antonio is tuesday

The Monday Market is in San Antonio Tlaycapan located on the same street as Mama's Bar and Letty's restaurant (think it might be Gonzalez Gallo), south off the carretera about 1/2 block on your left. It's one short block east of SuperLake. Hours 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

So the produce at the markets is not organic, but GM, except for the organic markets?

Just because produce might not be organic doesn't mean that it is genetically modified. Most if not all produce grown in Mexico is not genetically modified. I would wager that 95% of the produce sold at any tianguis is purchased at the Central de Abastos (wholesale produce/meat/fish purveyors) in Guadalajara and trucked around to various tianguis by retail vendors.

And as fordtruckman mentions, even if produce at one of the other markets is labeled 'organic', that doesn't make it so.

Archived