Chapala.com Webboard

want to buy a motorcycle - "moto"

Since I beefed up the suspension on my bike, plus got some coaching in how to "jump" them, they can be sorta fun.

Send me your email, Phil, and I'll let you know when we're going out again. Clearly I need to be better organized and less forgetful about getting those emails out.

I still wonder if I should be riding a KLR650. I really like that moto.

Maincoons, Behnwau and Kiko (whom I "may" know!!),

You can reach me at abadan11 AT Hotmail dot com. I love riding to Mazamitla specially middle of the week (when drunks are working). I like riding with a group (2 people are a group to me). I do "stupid" things when I ride ALONE, and the road is paved without NO topes.

I want to ride with bunch of people just to have "MOTO SOCIALIZATION"! So, e-mail me if you are in the mood for one more tagalong.

Last but not least,,,,,,we ALL like bikes,,,,let's not worry about speed, skill, age or the size of you know what :)

Did join a club down here name Los Gueros Lake Chapala good bunch of folks we have a meeting this Wednesday at

Cheers cantina around 6 pm I do ride with them and they ride all sorts of bikes everyone is welcome come check use out they have a ride almost every sat. Or sun.

Best regards,

Phil

P S Cheers is at the west end of Ajjijic on mountainside

Hey Phil I know of a green 2001 KLR chocolate (out of date TVIP) if anyone is looking for a parts bike. Bike is in good condition and running well, a 2001 model. The plate is the only issue. I would buy it just for kicks but I can't seem to find a milk crate down here to strap on the back. (just messin' with you about the milk crate)

Priced cheap, pm me if you know of anyone who is interested.

edit: About the Los Gueros Club, I personally would not join any club that would have me as a member.

Kiko, is that Kawa a KLR?

You should consider putting it on the classified here.

Even though I've been riding a long time, I've found the roads here often require upgrading skills and downgrading speeds. For example, most of the mountain roads in Jalisco and surrounding states feature nearly totally blind curves often, if not usually, with decreasing radius. Tight hairpin curves are really common as well.

You'll be doing a lot of passing, hence strong power and torque is important.

As an added bonus you can go into one of these twisties and find a 6 inch deep, 3 foot across pothole and/or loose gravel to enhance your riding pleasure. I've found it necessary to really work on my cornering skills anew and not over-ride my line of sight. Decades of riding in the U.S. didn't fully prepare me for Mexican roads.

For good and wide pavement and nice sweepers you can't beat the road to Mazamitla. We do that one a lot and then circle around to the east and come down to the lake west of Sayula. The road back along the south side of the lake is moderately challenging and super scenic.

thanks!

Talk to Spencer at S&S Auto. He had a harley with 6000 miles on it. A gorgeous Road King with lots of custom stuff. Maincoons don't get into a scent making contest. I officially logged over a million miles on a harley before I turned 21. I've ridden for over 50 years and rode 'm like I stole 'em. A brother on a harley is better then a sister in a house of ill repute. And no problem on the topes or the corners. Ride safe brother!

Unfortunately, he can't get an import sticker for a U.S. plated bike he might buy here. And if you imported the bike being towed by another vehicle, it remains on the TIP and must go out when the other vehicle goes out. It is actually illegal for you to sell a bike or a car with U.S. plates in this country.

Cartero I road a Harley Sportster K model flat head to college. Still kicking myself 50 years later for selling it, would be worth a small fortune today. Also my first bike was a Harley Hummer 2 stroke 125cc. Damn thing could hardly get out of its own way. :D

...... I officially logged over a million miles on a harley before I turned 21....

That's amazing. I'd like to hear the rest of that story. Start a new thread or pm me with the details?

I've never been a Harley fan, but what the hell, like Coach Royal said, "Dance with the one who brung you"

I've been told Ricardo who runs the body shop on the west side of Ajijic buys and sells motorcycles also. His shop is on the right just where the ciclopista begins heading west sandwiched between a swimming pool supplier and the Aceros Ocotlan steel retailer.

Archived