Chapala.com Webboard

directions to driver license office in Guadalajara

Luz Elena

If you don't want to do the renewal out here (Chapala), the closest next one I know (and have used) is located in Plaza de Torres, on the lateral that is the same exit off Lazaro Cardenas that you would take if going to IMSS Hospital 46. (8 de Julio)

Once on the lateral, go through the intersection and IMMEDIATELY turn into the underground parking lot. (Take your ticket with you, as you pay before returning to your car.)

Go upstairs to main floor, then look towards the west and you'll see another set of stairs after you cross an open area. Go up, and you'll find the D.L. office. If I remember correctly, the last time I was there they even had a cashier right on site.

Luz Elena -- I just thought of something. My husband had to change from his driver's licenze (Mx) to a "chofer" license because he bought a pick-up truck. They treated it like a new license ( test questions on the computer, actual driving test, etc. ) and they did all that right in the office in Chapala.

Is there a reason you don't want to do it out here? Because Ithink you could, and it would be a lot easier than going to Guad.

The written test is available in English in GDL. Several years ago, Spanish was on touch screen computer and English was on paper and you checked your answer with a pencil. Both written and driving test are very basic and nothing to be alarmed about. Make sure you put your seat belt on and adjust all mirrors before the driving test and use your turn signals. Either your vehicle or they have one available which is usually easier than walking to get yours out of the parking lot as driving test is inside property on an area about the size of a basketball court.

Archived