Chapala.com Webboard

Jalisco Car Registration renewal 2015

Intercasa

Jalisco Car Registration renewal 2015

Car registration renewal cost for 2015 is 476 pesos

If you pay in January you get a discount and only pay 405 pesos

If you pay in February you get a discount and only pay 428 pesos

If you pay in March you get a discount and only pay 472 pesos

You can pay in banks but they may charge a commission from 5 to 13 pesos depending on the bank. You can also pay at convenience stores or online with a credit or debit card at sepaf.jalisco.gob.mx

Costo de refrendo vehicular en 2015: 476 pesos
Pago en Enero: 405 pesos
Pago en Febrero: 428 pesos
Pago en Marzo: 472 pesos

Se puede pagar en bancos pagando una comisión que va de los cinco a los 13 pesos, depende de la institución bancaria

El pago también se puede hacer en tiendas de conveniencia

Se puede pagar vía electrónica en la página: sepaf.jalisco.gob.mx con tarjeta de crédito o débito.

I have a 2010 Nissan Sentra (mexican plated) and last year when I renewed my auto tabs I paid at the office there.

They did not make me buy a new 2014 license plate; do you know if they will be requiring that this year?

Muchas gracias.

You do not get new plates. Simply go to the office of the recaudadera, on Degollado in Chapala near the parque Cristiania end, with your license plate number and cash. They will look you up, issue the new tarjeta de circulacion and sticker. Done and easy. We did it that way for many years in Chapala.

If you pay elsewhere, you may never get your documents in the mail, as promised.

No new plates, best to go pay and get the tarjeta de cicrulacion sticker to place on your windshield otherwise they mail them which can take weeks.

Supposedly in March they will charge 52 pesos for an insurance sticker to show you have auto insurance. Details are not all out yet.

Spencer, Thanks for the information.

I don't have to be there in person to renew my registration; right? I have a friend who said he would take care of it for me while he is renewing his. I mean, there's nothing to sign; correct? (This is my first year having a Jalisco-plated vehicle, so I don't know the process.)

Thanks!

Anybody can do it, nothing to sign. I pay my wifes, her brother and her parents and my 2 cars at the same time, actually I send someone from my office to pay all.

I think they might be open but their web site has been down yesterday and says will be back online Friday.

The hours at the recuedora in Chapala is 8:30 to 2:30. The GR reported the time incorrectly.

Directions from Ajijic: Take caraterra to the Chapala traffic light and turn left. Go two blocks (the one by the plaza is blocked off but is street #1) and turn right onto Degallado. Continue almost to the end. There is a white building on your right that has a narrow openiing and says recuadora over an inside door.

Soon after passing the DIF building on your left keep an eye out for parking and walk the rest of the way.

The recaudadora office should be able to give you info or the transito office, transito should have better records about the offenses. Did you move or change your address?

Where is the site where I can check to see how many tickets I may have to pay when I renew? I have to renew several vehicles and would like to get an idea of how much cash to bring. I found the link below, but it's not working for me this morning (if in fact that's the right page).

http://www.jalisco.gob.mx/es/atencion-ciudadana/servicios-en-linea/1853

Until 2013, in Jocotepec, we received a 30% discount even if I paid in March. Last year it was 15% in January so, according to Intercasa's amounts, we get 15% in January and dropping every momth. But it's cheap now that Jalisco has this surplus taxe removed. It's still on in many States.

Years ago, I was told I had a parking fine to pay. I was not aware of it. I asked to see the proof (copy) and it was my licence place all right. Except it happened in El Salto and I had NEVER been there. How was that possible? To contest, they told me I had to go to the municipio of El Salto. At the time, I didn't know where it was. I paid it to avoid a whole lot of trouble.-- So be careful.

Many municipalities scam and invent plate numbers of cars that have fines knowing people will never fight it and it can make them millions. It happened to me, a supposed parking ticket in Tlaquepaque when I was never there, I paid the 300 pesos instead of making 2 to 3 trips there to fight.

FYI Motos are 110 pesos and get no discount.

• 7 months later...

Archived